Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Snow Cones, Reunions, Meetings, Cats and Pie

Imagine the surprise of seeing a Hawaiian Shaved Ice stand by the eye doctor office. On the way back from the office, I pulled in and ordered. I hope my face didn't register the deep disappointment when she handed me basically a snow cone. Not shaved ice, not like Bahama Mamas or Bahama Bucks, a VBS snow cone in a styrofoam cup. Sometimes if I am really craving a shaved ice, getting an ICEE is about the closest thing to one. It's good to remember that the fried chicken, pies and coconut cake are better here. Oh and it is a whole lot cooler here than it is in Texas these days. Something to really be thankful for.

Today at workout we did a new routine that I really like and we re-visited an old routine to see how much improvement has been made. Happy to report, a whole lot of improvement. Because the gym was a little crowded when we first began we had to make adjustments which meant doing ropes was the last thing. It is better for me to do them first thing while still having arm strength to make it all work.

Lunch today was special because I defrosted the little hamburger sliders Roy made me and I used a yellow tomato to match the mustard. Delicious all the way around.

This past weekend in Houston, a reunion of former AstroWorld employees was held. Didn't recognize a soul in all the pictures. AstroWorld was just about the most fun I ever had working. I didn't socialize a lot when I worked there because the big picture was about making as much money as possible for that first year at Baylor...that never happened. I worked a lot of double shifts. I was in rides, so that was tons of fun. AstroWorld is where I met crazy friend Debbie, who only worked there for two weeks and then had her mom call in that Debbie had her appendix removed and could no longer work the rest of the summer. Only after our freak reunion when our mutual friend Jackie reintroduced us, did I find out the truth, she didn't like working there. I had dated a guy that summer who worked on the Alpine Sleigh ride. Of course I cannot remember his name but I remember he was very handsome and because we both knew ours was a summer...love like, our last date was the end of the summer party that AstroWorld had at the Astro Hall. If he is in any of those pictures, I did not recognize him.
********************
Tuesday evening and I think our little bit of rain has come and gone. We had a great view of lightning from the front porch. Buddy has retreated upstairs and I just finished my delicious supper of tomato pie. Mike the mower man was here today and I was so glad to see him cause I was considering bailing hay. Now, I can go down and check on Roy's apple trees. The apples are looking good from the front porch view.

This morning I saw Cali and Riley but no Robby. That is until I was leaving for Hendersonville. He was sitting on the driveway and once again I tried to get him and he scooted off almost into Cali who was not happy with the attention I was paying him. I was happy to get him off the driveway and away from ants. He looks like a little old man cat. When I got home this afternoon he was asleep on the back deck. I didn't have gloves on but I reached out and I did touch his head before he had a hissing fit and we woke up mama from her nap under the deck. I am happy to say he ate some of the probiotic today. There have been such loving times with Cali and her kiddos in the past couple of days but this afternoon, she seems for this time to have moved on from him...until I pay attention...then she is a hissing and growling mess, that I don't want to get entangled with. Camo and Mama Cat haven't been around and MJ shows up about every five days. They seem tired of the flavors of cat food, so I don't put as much out and really they don't need as much in warmer weather. All the interesting lives of these Feral Fam cats. I asked today at the vet if I got a hold of Robby, could I bring him in...yes, call first. I ain't going to try to get a chill pill down a feral cat. Buddy is tough enough.

I picked up my desk at Southern Chicks and met Lynda there in the parking lot. We have a mutual friend Carissa from Houston. We went to Starbucks in Ingles and had a delightful time talking and sharing. It was so enjoyable but she had an appointment and I needed to get back and pick up Buddy's meds. We are making plans for the future, once life slows a little schedule wise. The oral surgeon's office called and had to change my appointment for next week but at least it won't make me change my appointments with my dentist to complete this whole implant journey.

The rest of this evening I plan to read, both my book club book and some magazines. Earlier I looked over the lesson for Aug 12th. That is the next time I teach. Revelation....oh boy.


No comments: