Monday, August 25, 2008

All I Can Say is....Wow!

I plan to post more about this past weekend later tonight or tomorrow complete with pictures, but I wanted to proclaim how great God is and how He met us at the home of the San Antonio Spurs, the Alamodome. This morning Lisa P, Laura and I have visited about the weekend and what it meant to each of us. We all work at First Baptist and were there at the conference.

Can I tell you how blown away I was on Friday when I read Psalm 16 on the screen. I wondered is this what Beth is going to teach on? I have been asking the Lord for a word this weekend and to prepare my heart I had been reading Psalm 16 for the last week and a half. Blown away!!!! Blown away by God's faithfulness and goodness.

I loved putting faces and names with blogs. I loved getting to meet blogging buddies in person! I loved that whole time we all got to spend together. The worship that Travis led us to, incredible!

And the extra time that my friend Peggy and I had in San Antonio was joy filled!!! We shopped at La Cantera, ate at The Nord, visited Border's Books, went to Marble Slab, and finished the evening cheering on the relay teams at the Olympics. After having an evening to think and process through all that we had seen and heard and with the help of our french toast breakfast at Mimi's, our drive home was filled with remember...wasn't that good when...I had a blast...God is so good...I wrote this down...my heart was stirred when... Top that off with a visit to Buckee's and all in all I say...good weekend! Great God...His presence, people and property.

I think it is so interesting that this morning when I came to work at HFBC, the staff was given the opportunity to see all the names that have been written on the floor of our Worship Center yesterday of friends, countries, loved ones, and celebrities that we want to come and know the Lord. Soon those floors will be covered with new carpet but the names will be prayed over time and time again. One person's name was written yesterday morning by a family member and that person was able to come in last night and write by his name, accepted Christ today. Wonderful, holy and sacred. God stirs and we respond to his stirring.

What a wonderful and memorable weekend this will be for me. And I can say most assuredly more than this,
"I went to San Antonio for a LPL conference and all I got was this Siesta Fiesta t-shirt." Got a great t-shirt and much more.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

This is so cool. I'm still processing from the weekend.

Dana said...

Glad you are feeling better and had such a great weekend! God's love and mercies are amazing me as well...the names make me cry every time I picture them...

Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Church Sunday was a day I'll never forget. My heart overflowed with the sincerity and heavy hearted prayers for loved ones to come to know our risen Lord! And to share it with my friend Angie from Michigan our church--well it was almost more than I could bear after the anointed San Antonio weekend. I was so so glad I saw you. I'm calling you TODAY to get a plan. Love, Annette