Thursday, August 28, 2008

MidLink and Objects de Arte (Part 2)

A friend has recommended some bread at Whole Foods. It is called, Seeduction. Today while I was near by a Whole Foods, I stopped and picked up a loaf. Seriously, if you like bread and can handle seeds, this bread is out of this world awesome! In the morning I am going to try it toasted with a little Irish butter.

After weeks and weeks of preparation, MidLink began last night. Several of our publicity pieces were delayed just a tad and we didn't know how many had checked the website for information. I am a contact point and the past two weeks have I fielded a lot of calls about classes and what's being offered. Over 500 people were served dinner in MidLink Cafe. There were 140 kids for High Five (children's choir). At 7:00, The Link, is a Bible study in our Fellowship Center. This semester Curtis Jones is teaching it. His subject, the life of Elijah. Because of being all things to all people last night, I never got a chance to go back to my office to pick up my Bible and notebook. I will not make that mistake again. There were so many things I wanted to write down and the only implements I had were brownie crumbs and a table cloth. Since I am not McGiver,I couldn't make it work. I do remember this, the desert. How we go there either in obedience or disobedience to God. God can uses the desert to bring about transformation and lasting change in us. Curtis' observation about gratitude received my heart attention too. He talked about supernatural provision by God gets much praise and gratitude from us. His example, someone leaves groceries on the front porch, and we thank God for His supernatural provision. But we are less likely to be mindful of being thankful when going to the grocery store and paying for the groceries. One last thought, when Elijah was being fed by the ravens as he sat by the brook and there was no rain in the land, he watched the brook dry up...was his trust in the provision of see able water or in God. His teaching along with what I have been reading in Psalm 16 and then what I heard last weekend at LPL is mixing around in my spirit and I'm able to see some things I have questioned going on in my life in a different perspective, in a bigger picture God perspective. Come join us next week, you'll be blessed.


OK, a totally different line of thought. Once again more objects de arte at HFBC.



The above picture is on the second floor of HFBC. It is one of many painted by the same artist that line the hall. One day my friend Marsha asked me if I could find out of all the pictures the son of a plumber. Each time I walked down the hall I studied the pictures, but due to lighting I didn't pick out the obvious choice.
Here is a close up from the above picture that shows you the son of a plumber. Diaper riding a little low just like some plumber's pants do with a tool belt or when he is bending over. While we were laughing about that I began looking around the picture a little more.
Unless you know the person I am about to name, this isn't going to mean a thing. But doesn't the brunette have some simiularities to Mary Ann? I'm just saying...

I have more art to bring you , but this is enough for now. Really, too much of a good thing...or soemthing like that.

8 comments:

Laura SanchezQuan said...

You have to make croutons out of your Seeduction bread. To die for!

Laurie M said...

I just noticed last night that the 2nd floor headingn toward the CLC has MANY more art selections. Kinda gave me the creeps...

Profbaugh said...

Ok, next time I'm at Whole Foods I'm going to get me some Seeduction. It sounds wonderful.

Man, I wish I were in Houston your Midlink sounds absolutely fantastice and if I were there, I could have given you some paper and shared my Bible. But alas, we're sisters seperated by lots of miles!!

Much love,
~Cheryl

Dana said...

I am sad to have missed Curtis, I have so enjoyed and learned from his teaching. You may not be McGyver with implements, but you are definitely McGyver with thoughts and words. Crafty and wise you bring together seemingly pointless and disconnected thoughts and make them come together and blow things up. Wait, that is meant to be a compliment. Truly!

The pictures creep me. I hate the second floor now. Just saying.

Dana said...

Oh, and I tagged you in a meme...yipee!

Anonymous said...

just to let you know i used the website for midlink information and it was "profitable for instruction" Your friend who asked you to find the plumber's son is really a kindred spirit of yours isn't she! i'll bring an extra bible and notebook on weds just-in-case!!! (you can save the brownie crumbs for me!!)

FitzandMolly said...

WHERE ARE THESE?? WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THEM??

Lauren said...

i think the hair might need to be higher to compete with mary ann.