Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

To sit here and watch coverage, to pray for those in the midst of the storm, and be concerned for those looking for the barge that got loose in the Industrial Canal in New Orleans has been the most of my morning's activities on my last day off of this long weekend. Roy is at the office working on a conversion his company is going through and keeping his eye on the oil and gas infrastructure that is being assaulted along the coast.


We have had a good Labor Day weekend for the most part. Roy was able to go to Rice's football game on Friday night with friends from work. He was up early on Saturday to walk with his training group and then on into the office. The time has been good for me as I am recovering from some inflammation in my lungs from the "non toxic" fumes that have come as a result of the remodeling project of the Worship Center at church. I have always been extra sensitive to fumes and I should have tried to work from home. Until the inflammation clears up I am short of breath, coughing and hoarse. The recovery process could take up to two weeks. It could have been worse if I hadn't already been on a pain killer and anti-inflamatories.


On Saturday, Dena and I were finally able to celebrate our August birthdays. We went to one of our favorite places, Goode Company Seafood. The food was awesome, but we had a swarmy waiter. He was often puzzled or surprised by some of our requests and would respond, no one has ever asked for that! All our culinary requests were granted by the kitchen though. We were able to get caught up on all our happenings. We stopped at a shop whose name has escaped me. I think Dena has found a piece of furniture and I am still contemplating a painting. I think it is a rather new decorative store and they were offering some good deals. We were feeling so good from that visit, we decided to make a stop at Crave Cupcakes and of course we were not disappointed by our purchases. When we pulled up in front of our place, we realized neither one of us had taken any pictures. So we did a quick photo op to document our celebration.



This was our last Sunday meeting in the CLC. These 5 months have gone by quickly. Next Sunday we'll be meeting in our newly renovated and hopefully fume free Worship Center. The new colors are beautiful. After church Roy and I went out to lunch with our friends Emily and Dave. Good conversation, good food, and laughter, what more is needed. In my case a nap afterwards.
I have a couple of Meme's to do and I will get to them, but for now I will continue to keep up with coverage and enjoy this day off for as long as possible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to worship again in the worship center together. I've missed my "section." --which would probably make Pastor Gregg not too happy to hear. I know it's been good to be out of our comfort zones these past few months, but creatures of habit like myself enjoy a bit of routine too. We can shake things up in our ingited praise, just don't take my seat, right? (remembering your account earlier this summer...) Hope you are feeling better quickly and to see you Wednesday. Love, Annette

The Powell Family said...

Hope you are feeling better soon-have some extra lattes to soothe the throat. :) Please post some worship center pictures next week. I am so curious to see how it's turned out!

Angela Baylis said...

I will be there in Spirit when you worship in your newly renovated center! It's beautiful! I am so honored that I got to go in there when they were writing the names. I added a few of my own, so that place will hold an extra special place in my heart...F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I'm praying!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Lauren said...

oh please post pics of the new sanctuary when you get the chance!

Mia Lauren. said...

is that a passion iced tea lemonade i see??

Profbaugh said...

Oh wow! Looks like lots of fun.

~Cheryl