Thursday, September 4, 2008

This is the Air I Breathe

Thought I would throw this one in from our objects de arte on the second floor. This is Jesus with His back to you talking to a couple of guys. They have broke bread and one of them has even peeled an orange. What is funny about this picture is....


This close up shows a butter knife or an appetizer knife right there in biblical times. The white bowl looks a little too pristine for biblical pottery. Anyway, I think I like this faux paux the best out of all the pictures on the second floor.

Since last Thursday I have really been struggling health wise. Found out I have pleurisy and several factors led to this. I think all the fumes from the Worship Center reconstruction finally got to me. Really, I can't be around when walls are painted I am that sensitive to the smell. So for most of the Labor Day weekend, I had labored breathing. I was able to do a few things like celebrate birthdays but it was only cause Dena dropped me off at the doors of places. On Tuesday I struggled to get to work. I mean really when I am having trouble catching my breath only after getting inside and then resting to make the rest of the trip up to my office, you know it is bad. I went to Retreat Staff meeting on the 3rd floor and that was about the extent of my travels for the day except to leave for home. Christen went and picked up my lunch and I cut off the liquids only having to make one trip to the nessitarium once.

Last night Roy and I thought he was going to have to take me to the emergency room. The pleurisy needing the inflammation to go away compounded with meds I am already taking make the nights rough. Mostly I just go in the bathroom and throw up...nothing cause the thought of food turns my stomach, but I have to eat something to take the anti-inflammatories. Last night I had forgotten I took some cough medicine before going to bed. Around midnight when I went to throw up, there was pink... Of course I think it is blood or the lining of my stomach or something totally strange and odd. Then I remembered the cough syrup.

None of this helps that I am so busy and now behind at work. I tried to go in yesterday but once I had driven to the pharmacy I knew to come back home. Because my pain med can complicate and cause dizziness, coughing, nausea, and shortness of breath, I am being weaned off of it to see if that helps. So much fun here this weekend with Nancy coming down from pain meds... I will welcome the ADD though. I was really boring myself and hated that the social part of me was drifting further and further away.

Here is my exciting event of the day...whether to go down to the mailbox or not. Three days of mail piling up. It was a hard trip and I was totally out of breath when I got back in. But the difference being, no drowning feeling.

So, here I am with an old person's disease. Must have heard I did the Alaska cruise thing this summer. One time a friend told me she had pleurisy and I told her I didn't believe her. Where was the Katherine Hepburn shake? Oh, yea, I was getting pleurisy and palsy mixed up.

If you think of me in the coming days, please pray for me. I so want to be at the Saturday prayer and dedication of the new Worship Center and be there Sunday for our first official Sunday service. This will tell you how serious I am, I wrote Jason in an email today that I would rather be at work than at home feeling the way I do. Now you know I am not like the John 5 guy making excuses...I want to be well. I need to take a picture of the painting of the woman at the well with Jesus in our second floor art hall. Girl, she had had 7 husbands but she must have received a great settlement. Her manicure is awesome!!!! Of course, she owned a bread knife that helped her with all her domestic duties which in turn keeps the nails long and beautiful.

Singing, let everything that has breath praise the Lord,
Nancy

12 comments:

jené said...

You need a bread knife to go with the bread which seems to have been made with bleached flour.

Have you tried any aromatherapy to ease the breathing? It can really help.

Anonymous said...

awwww...Nancy, i feel so bad you are sick...ive been checking your site waiting for a post and not even saying Hi while you are there feeling awful...you know you don't even need ask for a wish in prayer...i was going to blog you last night because i saw Peggy on my way out and almost went up to her and said HI, How are you doing? then i thought ...wait a minute who is that...hey i dont even know her...but i know her through this blog....see what a good communicator you are...Breath Well Girlfriend..i'll be praying you get to church on sat!!!!! also warn Peggy that she might just get hugged and greeted by a complete stranger who thinks of her as a close friend due to your blog!!!!

Michelle said...

dang nancy! i am sorry you feel so terrible! i love that you can always have a sense of humor!

those pictures crack me up...i think you should do a whole blog honoring all the paintings. that would be entertaining!

Amanda said...

Nancy, it would be such a shame if you couldn't be there on Sunday! I will pray that you are able to make it.

Profbaugh said...

Nancy (aka my newly adopted sister),

Oh my!! You poor thing. Know that I'm going to be praying my butt off for you. May the Great Healer provide the relief you so desperately need . . and if it could come by Saturday, well that would be absolutely perfect.

Love ya,
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh those picture things are hilarious. I am so sorry you have been struggling with breathing problems. The moment I walked in on Wed. (I wasn't there Sun.) I smelled what you were talking about, and that was by the CLC. I thought of you then and am praying for you now. You HAVE to be there Sunday. You've endured more than the rest of us! I hope to see you. I am changing to the 9:10 service this week. Love, Annette

Dana said...

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. I am praying for you and hope to see you Saturday...

Love you friend!

Angela Baylis said...

You have a friend in Michigan who is praying you feel better by Sunday! You can't miss it! That picture cracked me up!!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Mia Lauren. said...

nancy - i hope you feel better...
we've missed you.

FitzandMolly said...

let me know if i can do anything - besides praying for you!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you are so sick! How miserable! If I lived there, I'd bring you dinner. Maybe from the play grocery store, but probably not. I'd probably make it. Anyway, feel better soon.

jsi said...

Sorry about the pleurisy - it can be so painful and bothersome. Take exra good care of yourself and do not be tempted to be in the room with the extra fumes.

Those are some exquisite table accoutrements - especially the knife.
I am praying for you and your healing.

Praise God from whom all blessing flow.

Jess