Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nancy, September 11, 2008 is a Life Altering Day for You

Last year I shared our 9/11 story and seven years later we have another life altering story to share. If you read Monablog, you know that I have not been feeling well lately. Yesterday, I went to a different Dr and came knowing tests would be scheduled for me in the coming weeks. I felt good in the knowledge that I seemed to be on the right road with the right Dr in finding some answers. At 9:06 this morning, the Dr called, told me to get to her office and pick up an order for an echo gram. She wanted to know what we are dealing with before the storm hit. The thought of rushing out of the house and looking for the cardiologist made my stress level rise. My heart racing, gasping for breath I did the basics to be seen in public. It is a miracle I got ahold of Roy and I gave our code word for emergency... He was on a conference call and I heard him say, I have to go and he hung up. He came home to get me. There wasn't anyway I could do this on my own. He got a wheelchair and that helped tremendously get me around the parking garage.

The whole process seems like a whirlwind. Filled out paperwork and rushed to an exam room. Chris, whose scrubs bore Texas A&M on the pocket (whoop), was my tech. When he saw my heartbeat at 180, he told me, we need to do an EKG and you need to see one of the Dr's. My heart is only beating at 10%. As I laid on the table and he did the ultrasound he told me I am the one who took the call from your Dr and said for you to come on in. He said saying yes was something I felt like I should do. Now this guy cussed up a storm as he did my tests, so he didn't seem like a spiritual man, but I am glad God uses all different types of vessels. So, I am home now with 3 new prescriptions to regulate my heart and I go back on September 23. I will see him every two weeks for quite some time. Now this did my heart good...all 10% working overtime-no work, no housework, no cooking and no driving. OK, y'all are going to have to pray because Roy is not the best driver in the world. I am supposed to take it easy, take naps, visit with friends and read books. Stress needs to be kept at a minimum. During the visit with the Dr he shocked me with the news that I probably had a heart attack this summer and I didn't know it. What?????????????? Now this explains all the dizziness and fatigue. I am still trying to get my brain around that one.

During the tests Chris said to me, Nancy, September 11, 2008 is a life altering day for you. Little did he know how true this had already been. I am thankful for Carolyn giving me the name of a different Dr, I am thankful for Dr. Riley and her attention to detail, I am grateful for a husband that dropped everything for me and has taken such great care of me, I am thankful for friend's encouragement and prayers during this time, but I am most thankful for God who is in all the details, orchestrated favor, moved people, His new mercies to me every morning, and whose presence was with me all the way. I love Him so and grateful for His grace and peace.

I know this is getting long, so I will stop. Now to turn my prayer attention to Ike. On my way out today Chris said, you might have died this weekend. I am glad we got you in. Chris, you have no idea!

15 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Nancy, Rae just told me! (I had just written on your wall)


I love you and I am praying for you!

Ulovebeth said...

Nancy, I'll be praying for you. I'm glad that you got some good prescriptions. Please keep us posted.

The Powell Family said...

Oh Nanc-I am you glad you went in today. Matt and I will be praying for the both of you. You are such a precious part of the story the Lord has given us and we love you!

Profbaugh said...

Nancy,

I'm so-o-o-o-o-o glad you went in today. What would I ever do without my new psuedo sister????

Seriously, girlfriend take good care of yourself. If you want to talk, I'm only a call away. I'm still covering you in prayer.

Love ya lots,
~Cheryl

jené said...

A few years ago my Mom had a hidden heart attack. My sisters and I then debated over which of us had caused her enough grief to cause it.

This week has been a tough one for both of us. I keep repeating one of C.S. Lewis' quotes:
"You don't have a soul.
You are a soul, you have a body."

All my love and prayers.

Laurie M said...

Nancy Monarch! I am so grateful for the great host of angels that surrounded you today and our God who is mighty to save AND move the mountains to get you where you needed to be. My mercy!

Kay Altic said...

Friend...wow! we are praying...I will get Jayk praying and it will be all good...if Roy needs anything tell him to call me...jerrell

Unknown said...

Nancy I'm so glad you are ok! I will continue to pray for you!

Love you!

Jess

Jennifer said...

Nancy, I am glad you got in and are ok!

Sassy Shae said...

Nancy I am so glad you went to the doctor! I will pray for your continued healing and peace.

Ali said...

hey nancy, this is some news you are sharing. Take care my friend, relax as much as is possible and be still and know that the Lord is good. All our love and prayers to you both

Anonymous said...

i love that song:" you dance all around while i am unaware" I pray that you keep operating within His Delightful and Wondeful Presence, always praising HIM in the midst of your scares and fears..and that Bunko will move to you....p.s. and who else would make part of your prescription "lots of bookreading?" Praise him for that "Holy Script!"

Anonymous said...

Praising Him for intervening and saving you again and again. God is good. Take good care of yourself. You are in my prayers. Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Praising Him for intervening and saving you again and again. God is good. Take good care of yourself. You are in my prayers. Love, Annette

Amanda said...

Holy cow! Nancy, I can't believe it. I will be praying for you, sister! I'm so thankful you got to the doc before the storm.