Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ike, Peace and a Myriad of Symptoms

It has been an interesting and informative afternoon. Yesterday at this time, it looked like Ike was going into South Texas. Sing with me...rolling on the river...Ike left a mess in Cuba, been on a track that at time looked like New Orleans... Don't like the development of this.

Also, I went to a different DR today. The initial diagnosis of pleurisy is probably not right. So, I have several tests coming up to determine the cause of my 2 week health ordeal. Could be my kidneys, could be my heart, or as the DR said, a myriad of things. She stopped the prescription of Advere or whatever it is called. We did some lab work today and so I wait. I think whatever tests are needed, they will be done quickly. That also means I need to stay around home and not venture to work or into any stressful situations.

There is God's peace surrounding me and grace filling my heart. But I have to tell you, I am scared of the unknown. Just a bit nervous. You know how it is, you've been traveling one road and now being directed to a bumpier road. This could be something, could be nothing. And yes once again I went and scared myself by Googling what was said to me today. Ya would have thought I would have learned when Roy had the unknown diagnosis.

This I know, you have to know I am not feeling well when I don't go to Bunko, especially when it is at Peggy's. We have a fun group and the laughter is contagious and wonderful. Good friends and special people.

As I know stuff, I will let you all know. I know you all will be praying for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Oh Nancy!! Know that not a moment has gone by recently that you haven't been at the top of my prayer list.

I had my own scare this summer. I have a strong feeling I know what you're going through right now.

All I can say, is that NOW is the time to rest in your Sweet Savior's arms.

Keep me posted on how to pray for you, Sis.

Love ya,
~Cheryl

Nancy Mon said...

Thanks Cheryl. I remember your scare and praying for you.

I will keep you posted.

Amanda said...

I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers this morning. The waiting is the worst. Just know you are being lifted up for comfort and healing. Love, Annette

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry you have not been feeling well. I am praying that they will find a quick and easy remedy for all of this.

Anonymous said...

if i knew how to play Bunko i would bring the Bunko to you!!