Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It is a race right now. To get something posted before the laptop is tapped out. Still powerless in the world's way, but full of the power of the Holy Ghost. Yep, tough times = Holy Ghost instead of writing Holy Spirit. We are doing well. God's A/C has been awesome. I enjoyed a slow start to they day and it felt so familiar. Then I remembered why, this was the way my days would begin at my Grandma Brownlow's house in the summer. Wake up, grab my book, read and then fall back to sleep. Even the fragrance of the air reminded me of summers long, long ago.

Think I pushed it too hard the past few days. You know how it is, you feel sooo good. So today I slept and rested a whole bunch. I finished a great book, Whispers of the Bayou. It is Christian fiction, which seems like an oxymoron to me, but it wasn't contrived or preachy. Great story! It really held my interest the past few days.

Roy went back to work yesterday. He brings ice home every night and tonight a hamburger for me. While we were out and about last night, we stopped at Panera Bread. Only way to know a hurricane has been this way, lots more girls in baseball caps and pony tails. Heard the Play Grocery store is up and running again.

We are so thankful and grateful to God's for provision and His goodness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you have been resting and reading in spite of the lack of a/c....keep us posted as power allows!

Profbaugh said...

Take it easy, Nancy. Glad the weather is cooperating while you're still out of power. I can't even begin to know what you guys are going through in Houston. However, your sis here in St. Louis is praying, big time for you.

Love,
~Cheryl

Ali said...

delighted to hear you are coping, we're still thinking about what it must be like for you, so your updates are very welcome!

Michelle said...

glad to hear that your hubby is taking good care of you. what a guy...that roy!