Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday

Well, I have hunkered down, to use my hurricane vocab word, at Dena's this afternoon. It is so nice to be in A/C even if it is borrowed A/C and only for the afternoon. Roy and I are still in Centerpoint's cone of uncertainy of restored power. According to the website it should be tomorrow. According to our eyewitness observations, we would be surprised.

We went to the 9:10 service this morning and I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the Worship Center. More so I was overwhelmed by the beauty of friends. It was so good to see so many after the storm. Everyone has exciting stories to tell and in those exciting stories are the stories of friends helping one another. Ya got to love those kind of stories. I know I do.

After church Roy, Dena and I went to the Nord for lunch. Then Roy and I came over here. Roy says she is babysitting this afternoon. He has gone to the washateria and to run errands. I took a wonderfully cool nap. We split the lemon angel food cake we brought home from lunch and now I blog while Dena works on office stuff. You know you have a great friend when you can spend an afternoon like this and have a great time. I did bring plenty of things to keep me entertained. I have learned that if Dena doesn't think I have enough to keep me occuipied, she makes me take a spirititual gift test. Believe me, I don't want to take another one of those. I know my gifts but the same questions make me stumble through it. I want to answer it with the correct churchy le femme answer, but then there isn't a correct reading or testing of the exam.

Pastor Gregg's sermon was awesome! The words that we needed to hear. I am so glad we have a pastor who listens to the Lord.

I am Nancy Mon and I approve this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once took the spiritual gifts test 3 or 4 times - because I did not like the way it kept coming out. LOL

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable day...is Dena any closer to becoming a blogger yet?..I love that you have a reader from Woods Hole.....We used to take the ferry to Nantucket from there...oh i miss my homeland!!!!! I'm hoping to read tomorrow's Hallelujahwehavepower post!!!! and that will surely be a post that you Nancy Mon can approve of!!!

Profbaugh said...

So glad you had a relaxing (and cool) Sunday afternoon. Got your text, Nancy. Know that you're close to me heart and in my prayers.

Again, the invitation is still open. If you and Roy want to come to St. Louis, we can put you up in a nice, cool home.

Take care of yourself.

Love ya lots,
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I love your humor through it all. If you can't laugh, then it's hard to see! I hadn't noticed much of the church's lighting and different ways it could look until today and it was so beautiful. We are amazingly blessed to have such a wonderful church family, a great pastor and a beautiful place to worship. I love your closing tag!

Anonymous said...

I looked for the powerless row, but didn't find you yesterday. I was sad :( I agree Pastor Gregg knocked it out of the park yesterday - we are a blessed church! We too had so much hope for Monday, but it has definitely come and go. Yea for Dena and for AC. I guess I'll be making an appearance on Tuesday - what else can you do when you have no power?

Miss you!
LMS