Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy 31 Dear Hubby, Dear Hubby....

Today is our 31st wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Roy! That Friday so many years ago, threatened by rain all day but clearing just in time for the arrival of our guests still stands out in my mind. I look back at our wedding pictures and it seems like we were just babies. Roy 25 and I had just turned 23. If ever there were two opposites at the beginning, it was us. Roy quiet, reserved and slow to speak. Me, loud, sanguine and giving voice to my opinions, not a problem. It took time for us to even understand how the other one worked. At the center always was our love for the Lord and our love for each other. I love that even when we had some of the most heated disagreements, we vowed not to go to bed angry. There were too many all nighters in those early years. Now through the years the "has to be right" is nearly gone and we don't loose many nights of sleep.


Roy is a quiet man of strength. He loves me and prays for me. He makes me laugh and he makes up songs...and he can't carry a tune, but the songs are so cute. Roy hasn't always been a cat person, but he loves Buddy! Sometimes I come home to find them engrossed in cat games of chase the feather or cat soccer. Sometimes Roy puts Buddy in his arms and sings my darling little gray kitten, an original composition.

So many tell me that Roy is such a compassionate and sweet man. He is! He is thoughtful and considerate. He has a gentleness about him that makes him so strong. Roy is not a macho he man and many think him to be a pushover, but like he says, he uses the power of being a nerd to make his voice heard over the others in business, crisis or decisions. He speaks softly but carries a strong lap top.

A couple of months ago, we were at the Nord looking at watches. He saw one that he really liked. I knew he would not buy it then and there, but think on the pros and cons of owning such a fine watch. I went back the next day and bought the watch for him. I gave it to him last night for our anniversary. He was pleasantly surprised and anxious to go back to have the band fitted. He left me the sweetest card this morning. He usually sends me roses to the office, but with all that goes on in his business world, he had not had a chance to order them. Good thing, because I am still at home with the dregs of pleurisy. If I have the stamina tonight, we will go out for a quick anniversary dinner, but as Roy left this morning he said, if you don't, I'll just bring dinner home for you.

Happy Anniversary Roy! I love you so much and don't ever want to consider what my life would have been like without you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are feeling bad still. Happy Anniversary to you--through sickness and health. Hope you get to go out tonight and celebrate. Love, A

Erin said...

Happy anniversary!

And, I think you should post a wedding picture. ;-)

FitzandMolly said...

I think this is my favorite post of all.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Happy Anniversary!
And all I'm going to say. . . holidays ;)

Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better!

LMS

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree with Erin...bring on the wedding pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!