Monday, September 15, 2008

Checking in from HFBC

I have just a few moments. Actually Roy and I are at HFBC. Since I had not been out and about since last Thursday, we decided to get out for a bit. China Love is open and we enjoyed our first hot meal in a long time. We may go back tomorrow. We drove by the Kroger to see if it is open yet, it is and then we came by here to cool off and charge cell phones and lap tops. I was feeling particularly good and did a couple of things so they aren't hanging over Jason when everyone finally returns to work. Lots of volunteers here today cleaning up branches and limbs all around the church. On the way out I was able to see why we don't have power, the down lines on Memorial that have yet to be picked up. Carports at the south end of our complex are ripped apart. Roy and I marvel everyday at the goodness of the Lord. He truly is our refuge and our strength. Tomorrow Roy's office officially goes back to work.

Some have expressed concern about staying in Houston without power. Our condo never was warmer than 78 degrees. We are enjoying early fall temperatures this week. Roy could not leave Houston as he is considered essential. I am not supposed to drive, so therefore no long road trips for me. Today as we walked to the car Roy could not believe how well I was handling the distance. Believe me, I stop and rest when the old ticker begins to beat too fast. We ran into Jerrell as we came in to church today. I told him he didn't know how close he was to doing my service this week. Peggy and I were talking the other day and I look back at the Siesta Fiesta and just how bad I felt and how weak I was. I kept thinking it was my knee that was causing all the stopping. That weekend is one of the times my Dr thinks I had the heart attack. Wow!

I am so appreciative of the FB notes and comments here on the blog. My next appointment with the cardiologist is on the 23rd. I should know more then. Thanks for all the prayer and continue to do so as you feel led.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear about your trip today..what does FB mean? This weather is great isn't it?

Amanda said...

It was at the Siesta Fiesta?!?! I do not even know what to say. I'm so thankful you were okay!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing okay! I never could get a text message to go to you to see how you were doing. We too are waiting for power, craving Mexican food, and just some normalcy!

LMS

Anonymous said...

Nancy, do you need to borrow a wheel chair for extended trips?
I have one you can use. I'm glad you are following doctors orders and taking it easy.
Darlene

Profbaugh said...

Nancy,

I'm stunned! The Siesta Fiesta??? I would have never have guessed, but I was frankly just so stinkin excited to meet you (and Peggy).

Know that you are close to my heart and in my prayers daily.

Love ya lots,
~Cheryl

Dana said...

Glad you are doing okay...Happy you enjoyed some China Love! Starbuck's opened today and OH MY WORD I was never happier for a hot cup of coffee. We are up at the church checking the bank and emails. J has been here working. The world is strange now and I, like everyone else, am ready for some semblance of normalcy.