Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dr Appointment and Update

Ah, sweet cooled A/C air...too bad not at our home. Once again I am enjoying the hospitality of Dena and Sassy. I am camped out on her couch for the afternoon. We have seen linemen on our street and fixing the poles around us. One item of info we learned yesterday is, the linemen only work from dawn to dusk. There isn't any of this working at night like Center Point would have you believe. Dawn to dusk is a long day and I am thankful for their willingness to keep on restoring power, but I don't appreciate CP and their media campaign. Roy has a way with the older ladies of our condos and they keep him supplied with the scuttlebutt and happenings of the return to electrified lives.

This morning I had my appointment with the cardiologist. It went well and I have made some progress. I have lost 18 pounds, I have responded well to the meds, and for not having power I have kept calm in the midst of the storm. He said I am not ready to go back to work... Praise Him! As they increase the milligrams of the meds, he wants that done in optimal conditions. Also, he would like to see the fluid reduced around my feet and ankles. That will not happen sitting at a desk. No heavy lifting, no fast walking...prescription of reading, resting and relaxing, the 3 R's. The best part of the appointment, confirmation that I do actually have a brain... My brain is telling my heart to beat harder and faster... 50/50 chance I will have surgery, so I am believing God for the 50% chance of no surgery. Blood work not back yet.

Thank you for your continued prayer and thoughts. They mean so much to me. Yesterday morning, I was awake around 4:00 am. Being tired of talk radio and sports, I tuned into KHCB 105.7. Of all the Christian stations, it was the only one that came in static free. I listened to Unshackled, by the Pacific Garden Mission. I listened to hymns, devo thoughts and Charles Stanley. Of course with power, this wouldn't be anything that I would normally do. One of the short devo thoughts was on John 20, Jesus appearing to Mary. It got me to thinking about the times that Jesus revealed Himself after the resurrection. Alone to Mary, behind the closed doors of the scared disciples, another appearance to let Thomas in on His presence, the two on the road to Emmaus and He taught the Word to them, and then John 21 when the disciples didn't have a clue what to do and followed Peter into returning to the world of fishing. How inclusive and God of the little things that Jesus would cover so many situations that we find ourselves in, alone afraid, scared with others behind locked physical, emotional and spiritual doors, when one can feel left out like Thomas, He comes again with the reassurance of His presence, those who were walking on the road and didn't know until in God's timing they had been personally taught by the resurrected Jesus, and when we have no clue what to do and find ourselves just doing what we new best, He comes and rescues, delivers and guides into His Will. I have experienced His presence in all the above and yesterday morning He was there speaking to my heart and spirit.

In the coolness of the room and with the comfortable couch, I feel a nap coming on... I wanted to update y'all. Soon I hope to update with the good news of the return of our electricity. After my nap, I will call Jason and let him know the schedule of my return. He is getting ancy that I may not return... I came in late yesterday and he was still in the office. Now I know things are really bad cause the boy high tails it out around 4:30 every day. He said are you here to pack up your office and steal away like a thief in the night? Nah, I would pack up my stuff in front of him to watch him cry.... Joking!!! (maybe)...no joking!!!! I don't think he has any clue how ill I have been. He even asked if I was coming to staff meeting before my appointment....No, I am not released by the Dr yet to return to work! Oh Jason..... Maybe y'all should pray for him too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nancy..were you purposely setting up the differences between cardiologists!!!! May they both keep ministering to your heart bringing you health and confidence in His presence!!! and please cp guys get over there and supercharge the reading, rest and relaxation...like the BAM of that chef guy...i cant remember his name- the kickitupanotch guy!

The Powell Family said...

How is Jason making it without you? I am glad to hear of your progress-18 lbs?!? That's awesome! Keep your feet up and I'll be praying!
Lori

Anonymous said...

You keep resting and listening to KHCB--that was a good word on the physician and the Physician. Lessons. Our power is back off again today, so no guarantees for anyone. I just went to the store, but am thinking of *alternate* plans! Still praying for you. Feel better and rest in Him. Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
Continuing to pray for you! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear that you are improving. And yes, we do need to pray for Jason -he is so lost without you!

And you missed it - I worked today. Hope that didn't give you too big of a shock - lol! I figured since I didn't have power I might as well - what else is there to do? My hope is that i would have power by Friday - we'll see.

Praying!
LMS

Jennifer said...

Ughhh! The life with no power. We are still in the same boat as you and I am ready to be back in my house with the lights on!
I'll keep praying for you and a restful time.