Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Quick Check In

Greetings from back in the day land. Night is coming quickly and it get dark, really dark without any lights glowing in the distance. Houston is enjoying tonight a touch of fall in the air and it should feel this way all week. Praise Him!!!

Still no A/C and just enough water pressure to fill the toilets. We have been eating granola bars, cheese, crackers, yogurt and things like that. They tried to get the power fired up here last night but there are too many branches and trees on the wires.

Roy has been out exploring. He found an outlet outside a building with power so he charged the laptop and cell phones today. Dena got a care package from College Station and we benefited with two bags of ice. Please pray for Dena and her family. Her parents have been staying with her and today she had to call 911 for her mom. She is in the hospital and I am waiting to get the latest updates. Her mom's name is Jean.

I am feeling pretty good. I need to stay calm to keep my heart from racing. I am so understanding what be still and know that I am God means. My next appointment is the 23. I have known such an extraordinary peace from God.

Houston is not the place you want to be. No more ice, no gas, no batteries...lots of frustrated people. No one evens knows the extent of the devastation in Galveston. The media has been tight lipped. Continue to pray for all of us in on the Gulf Coast. I am so craving Mexican food....

4 comments:

jsi said...

Everything sounds so dangerous.
Its good to know you are all hanging in there and taking care of each other.
No ice - a terrible sentence without a verb.

I am praying for you tonight.

Anonymous said...

honestly nancy, I do not remember
SPICY MEXICAN FOOD being prescribed for you just yet..i realize mexican food is not quite equal to the "fleshpots of egypt" but you get the idea....you and the whole area are in my prayers....Abide in His rest....

Profbaugh said...

Hey Nancy,

You and Roy are welcome to come to St. Louis and stay with me! Anytime you want--standing invitation. Still praying for you sis. Please take care of yourself, Roy and your furbaby.

P.S. We got the remnants of Ike here this morning. . . certainly NOTHING like what you got, but oh man I thought our house was going to blow away!

Lots of love,
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Nancy! I had no idea you had such a health situation! I have not been able to check in with you as much lately - thank you Ike! I am praying, praying, and praying.....
love you,
n.