Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just Stuff

There has been a song on my mind ever since Blast from the Past. I have looked on iTunes to no avail. Only thing, I didn't know the title or who recorded the song. I emailed a friend and got the info. Today, after work, I went online and ordered the 2 bundle CD of Farrell and Farrell. Most of y'all have no clue who this is, but they were the Watermark of my generation. I remember Farrell and Farrell came to a Bible study several times and sang for us. A bunch of high school and college kids, in a Bible study held in someones home. Some nights there were 75 of us crammed in there. Jane Farrell had been a flight attendant and she and Bob had just become Christians. I probably have the albums that the compilation of songs came from.

I guess it was my way of rewarding myself of several days of non stop work. Non stop, hard work. And to add to my burden, some of it was in Excel. I have a love/hate...no a hate/tolerate relationship with that spreadsheet. Please, when your Milestone and MidLink pieces come in the mail, take some time to look at them. Lots of hard work there. Or go to the HFBC website, houstonsfirst.org to see it online. It's not there yet, but it will be soon.

We have a fun weekend planned. We are going to see Tuna Does Vegas on Saturday. Bill and Peggy are meeting us there. Roy and I are going a little early to do some shopping on the Strand.

At the right time today, Lisa P came by. She and I had a couple of very hearty laughs. I am so glad she is my friend. Some times it is difficult to believe she even works at the same place since she is so far away. Doesn't anyone stay in one place anymore. It would be so fine to see her face at my door... oops, Carole King just popped into my brain.

One more unrelated and random thing. There are some potent fumes coming from the Worship Center. Yesterday, almost everyone had a headache and scratchy throats. We all sounded like we were 2 pack a day smokers. I wanted to answer the phone...Ministries, this is Nancy. Let me put out my ciggy and see what I can do you for. Today the fumes made us high which made most of us turn silly by the end of the afternoon. Good grief, I was throwing a cupcake candle at Cindy P. I threw it at her 3 times but not hard. We have a stress ball that looks like a rock, I threw it at her too. All in fun...

Well, Roy just called and is bringing a pizza home for dinner. Buddy is meowing at the front door. I am ignoring her.

As always, thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Sassy Shae said...

Farrell & Farrell! I LOVED them when I was in college. I have some old cassette tapes of them that probably don't play anymore. ha

jené said...

The moon is supposed to be gorgeous when you are in Galveston Saturday. I am hoping to make it down for a Labyrinth Moon walk but have art show opening I don't know if I will be able to get away from it in time. And yes, I know Farrell $ Farrell

Anonymous said...

"Let the whole world know, Jesus is ali-ive. . ." - one of the best! Glad your week is over! Glad that I live on the third floor where the smell this week was not bad UNTIL THEY OPENED THE DOORS! Glad that I saw the cupcake throw!

LMS

Erin said...

I did look at the Milestones info on the website, just minutes before reading your post. It looks great and I found it very informative, so thank you for your hard work!

Hope you have a very fun and restful time in Galveston!