Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update=Contentment

We all need these types of days once in a while, just laid back even though we have stuff to get done. The stuff gets done, but not in that stressed and hurried way. Roy met his walking group at 6:30 AM and I was still asleep by the time he returned home.

We took our time getting ready to run all our errands and mapping out the details. A trip to the bank, church, cleaners, lunch, fill up the car, and grocery shopping all got done with time to spare. Roy even had the chance to order some non book stuff from Amazon.

While he was doing things here, I met Dena and her family for a quick bite to eat later in the afternoon. She is a traveling whirlwind these days, so it is nice to catch up on all the happenings. I was invited to go to The Nord with them, but I decided to get on home. There are a couple of books that keep calling my name.

Roy is at the Texans game tonight with a friend from the office. His name is Joe. I watched a little bit of the game and then turned off the TV. I have a book to read.

Thanks for understanding my last post. Nothing has changed except my attitude...which is the best thing to change. Seems like everything I have read this week has been about waiting, reaping a harvest, suffering in silence (OK, I already blew that one) and praising God when I don't feel like it. All the points were driven home. So far the points and lessons have been chocolate free. That makes me a happy camper.

There are other things I want to blog about, but for now this little update will have to do. There are thank you notes to be written and have I mentioned I am reading two good books????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did mention the BOOKS but not the titles.....Please share your good reads with us.....and thanks for reminding me-i also have a few Thank You notes to write....Do you thank the chocolate gifters by speaking the truth in love?..just teasing....Relish your reading time and Praise Him for it!