Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Celebrate Good Times Come On!

So far weather wise April has been an odd month. Houston is experiencing rather cool temps that are usually gone by March. It hasn't been too bad switching between warm and cool but then I'm not working. If I had to be in an office, the weather would really bother me. It is refreshing to get out and about in the day and just take it all in.


Already this morning I have been to Central Market where I became an official Foodie, My Fit Foods where I didn't get any oh my looks thankfully, and Starbucks for a Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce. Even at 10:30 in the morning it was difficult to find parking places. Happily, I skipped Crave Cupcakes and didn't buy any of the Easter cuties they are making and I skipped the vanilla scones in Starbucks. It has already been a productive day. In just a bit I am off to workout. Today will be just cardio with a few light weights. I went over 10 minutes on the elliptical machine yesterday. That my friends is a huge victory to celebrate.


We don't celebrate enough. We should stop in a moment that needs to be celebrated and take in everything. Too often we just check something off the list and move on to the next thing. Offices should celebrate more and it doesn't have to be some big expensive thing. Just taking the moment to remember all it took to get to this point both the difficult and the funny is enough. I celebrate the feat whenever I take the stairs because it wasn't that, ago this wasn't a journey I could navigate. And if I climb a little faster than usual, my celebration is a spring in my step as I continue along. On Sunday I was climbing some stairs and unfortunately I am not at the point where I can go up them with my head held high. I have to watch each and every step because I am still a little unsure. Upon reaching the top there was a friend who had been watching me and she said, boy, you sure don't look up, you have to watch every step, too bad, wow what a struggle and you know those words stuck with me all day even though several stopped me in the hall and remarked on my faster gate and lively step. It took till the evening, but then I celebrated by doing the steps here at the condo and did a little happy dance at the top of the stairs.

I've noticed there are a lot of feasts and things to be celebrated in the Bible and we all have a tendency to forget that.


Yesterday it was kind of exciting going to workout. There had been a police chase with guns shot at I-10 and the Frontage Road by the Beltway. It was the aftermath of the excitement but I saw the car and the cops standing around or investigating. The traffic wasn't great, but there were news helicopters hovering and wreckers everywhere. I watched the 5:00 news to see the happenings.


OK, off to workout.

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Central Market is my favorite...never miss a stop when I am in Dallas....

Ali said...

I agree, we should celebrate more. When do we start??!

What I really want to know is did you see yourself waving up at the helicopter on the TV news?

Troy said...

I agree that we don't celebrate enough. And, when we do have parties, they are for unimportant things like sporting events instead of things like, oh I don't know...Salvation. Hello!?! Now THAT is something we should be breaking out the fireworks for. When was the last time you went to a raucous Resurrection Party?

Of course, I'm all talk. If I attended an Easter party that included fireworks, I would probably be the guy sitting in the corner looking like he wasn't having a good time. That doesn't mean I wasn't having a good time...I'm just not too much fun at big parties. It is something I am working on.

Ali said...

ce-le-brate good times come on ... do do do do do .... its a celebration!

look what you've done now!!