Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lerve Me Some Saturday

Even not working, still love a Saturday. Especially today, Roy didn't go into the office and we are celebrating my mom's 80th birthday this evening. It is a beautiful spring day here in Houston and when I ran errands this morning, you better believe the top was down on Mustang Sally.


After several horrible weddings that we had to attend because these people getting married were Roy's co-workers, I vowed to him I would never attend another work related wedding. You would not believe some of the weddings and don't even get me started on the receptions. Well, I am having to break my vow because Roy's boss has a daughter getting married. We haven't sent in the RSVP but I've been teasing Roy that he could go and I'd stay home with Buddy. Besides I don't have a thing to wear to a wedding, so Roy said buy something. You know that just had to bless me all over. This morning while I ran to The Galleria to pick up my mom's gift, I just happened to stop in at the Nord. And I found a dress, well actually 2 dresses. One is being shipped and the other is in alterations. I need the hem to be lengthened as much as possible. It is really cute, brown, pink, and eggshell colors. The one being shipped was the back up dress and I will take it back...maybe, it's awfully cute. And I went in the Adidas store this morning in my workout capris that I purchased last week. I didn't do it so much for them as something for me to do. Loved Laura's comment on what petite really is all about. She is so right.


Does anyone know of any exercise or workouts that is just for shaping up the knees? Mine are so ugly from so many surgeries and wear and tear. Yesterday, before going to the gym, Dena called from Panera's and I went and met her for mid morning snack of bagel and coffee. We were in a dilemma, does one pray over a mid morning snack? We did to be on the safe side. Once at the gym I did the mystery machine that I didn't quite know how to do, but since watching a few workout on it, I was brave. Oh, the ladies I wrote about the other day....they were there finishing up with lunch so I didn't have to get bugged or not bugged at their workouts. Each week I add new things to my workout and I am really enjoying the time. Maybe I will be brave and go to a class soon.



Last night Roy and I went to see Rice play Tulane at Reckling field. Lots of fun and it turned out to be pretty cool after the sun went down. We left around the 6th inning confident Rice would win and they did. While we were standing in line a Rice alumnus asked if we wanted tickets, so we got in free. Now this was totally a cute thing and only at Rice would you see this. They had a elementary school ensemble sing the Star Spangled Banner and between the third and fourth inning about 9 violinists played God Bless America. That is pretty classy. On our way home we stopped at Central Market and picked up a few more things. At first Roy wasn't too thrilled about that, but once we got in to the store, I was the one wanting to leave after awhile.


We just finished cleaning around the house. The work goes much faster when the two of us work together. We are going on round 3 of going through books and getting them boxed up for Half Price Books. Roy is going through t shirts and shorts and getting a bunch ready to take to Goodwill. We've been working through our junk for the past few months and it looks like we have barely made a dent, so there will be round 2 for that.


Peggy is a Mops for the 6th time. Keely was born yesterday at 2:53 pm. Jaime had to have 2 transfusions and is on the mend, but it was rough there for awhile. For a Bain baby she is pretty big, 8lbs 9 oz. Most babies in their fam come in as a 5 or 6 pounder. Must be from the daddy's side of the family. Peggy is excited and taking tons of pictures.


Well, it's about time to get ready for my mom's celebration. Hopefully we can keep the conversation running and won't get too bogged down in all the 3 D drama that comes with Dad.


Oh the book Finding Salvation at the Dairy Queen was a great read. The story ended much too soon.

1 comment:

marty h said...

Yes, petite doesn't mean horizontally petite - it means we are vertically challenged! Petite sizes go from 2P to 18P or above. I will always donate my extra length on pants or dresses to you, Nancy. We just need to coordinate our buying - haha! Marty Harper