Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday Catch Up or Catsup or Ketchup

Yesterday, while there was a little bit of sunshine, I ran over to the Play Grocery Store and picked up a few things. I had decided to make Taco Soup for dinner and needed some cornbread to go along with the soup. There was only one pan left and I was happy to snatch it up even though it is not jalapeno. I cross Buffalo Bayou on my way there and the water is nearly to the top of the bayou. This morning I went back to the Play Grocery Store because I needed to get my license renewal thing done and while crossing over the bridge, it didn't even look like the level of water had gone down. Wow, there is a lot of standing water around the city and this wasn't even a tropical system that dumped all the rain.


This afternoon I am feeling much better about my to do list. I have crossed off several things that are important for our trip or items needing attention so that we can go on our trip. I have rearranged appointments, made a reservation at a motel in Chattanooga, got my license deal, Buddy signed up for camp, and picked up shirts for Roy at the cleaners. After working out today, I also ran to Barnes and Noble, Memorial Bakery and Target. I gave up cookies from Memorial Bakery for Lent and I bought a few for us today. I've had one and oh how I have missed the buttery, icing goodness that is called cookie. Probably all the riding I did and machines = the calories of that one cookie. It was worth it. Then to Target...Target how I love thee, let me count the ways.


We are adding a drive by to Nashville on our trip. My brother and family live there and I hadn't contacted them to see if they would even be around, but Face Book to the rescue. Doug saw what I wrote on my status update and responded. I am really excited to get to see the fam. That means we will also be able to make a swing by my favorite bookstore in all of Mississippi, Square Books in Oxford. Actually the night we are in Nashville, the author of the Cracker Queen will be at Davis Kidd in Nashville, but as much as I would like to see her in person, I would rather spend time with the fam. Also, we will retrace the way Dena and I took back in 2002 from Oxford to Nashville. What I am most importantly interested in seeing is, Corinth Mississippi. We stopped at an Exxon station there that had the most unusual bathroom situation. I want to see if it is still the same or if we hit it under construction or something. I think I am taking the lap top on the road, so I hope to be blogging and posting pictures along the way. We use a Sprint wireless card in our lap top and hopefully we will have coverage along the way.


Well, that is it for now.

No comments: