Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Chance Encounter

It was a chance encounter this morning. Such a beautiful day to have the top down on Mustang Sally. I had just been to Tanglewood Gifts to mail our tax return, then to the cleaners, and a return trip back home. I was home just long enough to pick up something and back on the road, still with the top down. Driving down Memorial singing with 92.1 when something fell from the sky and hit my arm. It was a lizard, a chameleon, basically when you get down to it, a reptile. Well it is in my book. I screamed bloody murder and flipped my arm to get the creature off of me and out my car. He landed on the passenger side door and looked as if he would be moving underneath the dash board of the car. I screamed again and I think I was driving, I'm not too sure. All I know is this, the Bible believing, Word speaking, verse claiming side of me came out in full force. If speaking in tongues would have helped, I would have. I HATE these creatures. So I am watching that lizard and speaking over it. Oh such things like, In Jesus Name I command you to stay on that door, no moving! You do not exist or move or have your being at all in this car. God gave man dominion over the earth and since there ain't no man in this car I am speaking dominion over you and you cannot move in Jesus Name! That lizard stuck to that door.I pulled into the North parking lot at church where I was picking up Cassi for lunch. As she came near the door I asked if she was afraid of lizards. She said no and I said get that thing out. Well, by this time I am out of the car doing the little nervous dance when my hero Jerrell Altic comes by my car. We told him the happenings and came over to my car and flipped that pestilence off my door and into the shrubbery. Thank yous abounded from me and Cassi. Cassi and I had lunch at the Ashland House and we sat outside with me nearest the shrubbery. There were some anxious thoughts going on in me like what if that stupid lizard has sent messages to his friends and family and those lizards surround us at our table. Those anxious thoughts left rather quickly though. We sat down for a great visit and great food. I went all Southern and got the veggie plate which had collard greens, corn, sliced tomatoes, black beans and fried asparagus. Yum, yum... and there was room for coconut cake with an orange filling. I went back in the church with Cassi to see Melinda Scurlock. She's tempting me to work in VBS for registration and the snack room by offering me a t-shirt. Girl knows the way to my heart, only thing, the t-shirt is burnt orange. I am worried that I might have to wear a hair net to work with the snacks. I don't know if I am up to that. I don't look good in black net on my head.


A stupid stinkin' lizard fell on my out of the sky. What the heck??? What are the chances? I know that if I was going any other speed than what I was going that sucker would have fallen into my hair and I would have driven into a tree for sure and all would be grieving my untimely death...yes, she beat 9/11 and a bad heart, but she couldn't overcome a lizard near her gizzard.

That's all I have for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure it wasn't random.

You know how kids are these days....one of his lizard buddies made a bet that he could not land in your car - and now that he did...he probably got a cool $100 for that stunt! :D

Ali said...

Oh LOLOLOL!

I'd have crashed the car. I'd have stopped the car in the middle of the road and jumped out, probably causing a major pile-up and multiple deaths and injuries.

I'm sorry for your trouble Nancy, honest I am, but ROFLOLOL!!

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!

O.M.G. This was too funny!

Laurie M said...

you know what I say about squirrels and gang initiation...maybe lizards are trying out new tactics

Come on..all the cool kids are doing VBS...

Amanda said...

Well you just never know what might happen in a day. I'm glad Mustang Sally didn't veer into a tree or something!

Jennifer said...

It looks like you are on an Ashland House kick lately. Don't blame you. Their food just screams "It's Springtime!!!"