Saturday, July 3, 2010

Destin and A Vacay Away

I guess if there was a weather theme for my vacay away it was rainy and stormy weather. Mostly overcast skies but sometimes a hint of sunshine that seemed to be farther down the beach from where we were located. But even with rain, wind, oil, sand and power outages, Dena and I had a wonderful trip. We headed over to Destin way to visit my sister in law Nancy and the girls. We had a blast with them! What a great visit and we all had so much fun together. With overcast skies we weren't tempted to spend all our time working on a tan. Instead we helped the local economy on our shopping excursions.

Dena and I headed out on our trip Sunday afternoon. We drove half way and spent the night in Hammond, LA. We checked in and decided to eat local. We headed toward the cute downtown and found a place, The Mariner. Awesome food! We headed out Monday morning to Florida. Beautiful drive along the water. We stayed at the Hilton in SandDestin that is right on the beach.

I need to charge the battery in the other camera I brought and I will post pictures from it soon. I have so many great thoughts and ideas that need to be journaled. Once I get those done I will have a better thought map to share some of the trip on the blog. We do know this, we are not in control! God has everything ordained and in His hand. He is so faithful and good. He even had some fun with us along the way.

So for now, here are a few pictures from the trip.

The cabana/pool boys setting up chairs and umbrellas on the beach. At least once or twice a day they had to repeat this set up because of the wind and rain.

Here is the Hilton on the left.
Chairs and umbrellas along the beach just waiting for someone to rent them.

Wind blown but enjoying some beach time.


Dena enjoying some beach time.







No comments: