Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome to Adventure

Seems that sometimes I like to picture myself as an adventurer. It is more a picture than the truth. Exotic locations, rough conditions, extreme patience and the like really don't interest me at all. As I become older I am getting more and more like my mom when it comes to adventure, "can we see it from the car?" Now I am prone to use travel terms for many a daily occurrence and probably adventure is way over used by me to tell mundane, ordinary, daily occurrences of life. But in this adventure of everyday life, I'm enjoying some memorable and awesome moments.


Like last night, it was July Bunko night. Amanda hosted last night's game and she had the brilliant idea of dinner and Bunko at Living Proof offices. She didn't have to stress over a clean home and all that comes with that. Excellent! Kay, Courtneys and I rode out together. Our conversations were all over the place and I like that. I have so come to appreciate all the "adventure" these young moms face. In hindsight, maybe God, uh let me restate that because there is no maybe about this, God knew that as much as I wanted to be a mom, I wasn't cut out for it. Dinner was from Lupe's, so you know it was good! Bunko is just so much fun. What is fun is all the screams and laughter that permeates the seriousness of our games. OK, we aren't that serious but we do like to roll sixes and not onesies. Michelle, a member emeritus of our group, was able to sub for Eileen, who word has it, is on a cruise. Our ages and stages are strewn across the map, but we love one another and genuinely care for each other. It is great fun and an honor to share life and adventure with these friends.



On Sunday, the Bains invited several of us out to the compound. What a blast! Had my second adventure on the raft. This time I plowed face first into the water and got wrapped up underneath the raft. Oh, I was so very happy to finally reach the surface to breathe. Marcia and I rode together and we laughed and screamed like we were 12 years old. In fact, Marcia said I feel like I'm 12 and I had to break the news to her that tomorrow she wouldn't feel like 12 at all. Dana, Katie and Bree were there as well. The story of the day was getting Bree on that raft and accompanying her on her adventure, her sister and cousin.






Several on Facebook said I look like Amelia Earhart in this picture. Maybe so, but the difference is, I came back from my adventure...barely. No, I came back and Marcia and I rode a second time and we hung on. Ally rode with us and she intentionally fell off the raft so she could tell Mops to do donuts with us. Uh, Ally was bored by our slow ride. Ah youth.





Here are my friends trying to help and instruct me in how to get back on the raft. Let's just say Robyn's way did not work for me. Peggy kept saying, it's like getting on a horse. We were laughing so hard that just when I thought I was going to pull myself up on the raft, I was overcome with laughter and went weak.




I love Peggy's expression in this picture.


Here is a lovely picture before we hit the water and our hopes were high. Adventure was our middle name.





Peggy looks like she is yelling some encouraging instruction. She is probably telling her rafters to hold on for dear life!


Claire and Kendra waiting for the ride.


I love this picture. Ally is putting a protective hand on Reed to make sure he's ok. This was their first ride together of the day.



Two of my all time favorite's.



Oh adventure, I'm hanging on with all I've got for this wild ride.









3 comments:

Grami's girls said...

Sounds like your day was a blast! I can almost hear the laughter!!

FitzandMolly said...

so fun! bunko was fun, and your pictures look like fun!

Amanda said...

You were totally channeling Amelia! Ha! Loved getting to hang with you at bunco.