Saturday, July 10, 2010

Small

Size small. Looking at the word small right now doesn't look right to me. Even after eating our usual delicious pecan pancake breakfast this morning, size small. The first milestone event happened this week. My weight officially has a 1 in front of the next 2 numbers. Haven't seen a 1 and it is true, it is the loneliest number that you ever knew. Two can be as sad as 1...OK, just thank the Lord I didn't reference the Carpenters and decided to go with Three Dog Night. But of course, I digress. I haven't seen a 1 in front of the next 2 numbers in a long, long, long time. Really long time. If I could save time in a bottle...stop it with the 70's greatest hits references Nancy! Anyway, I have lost a total of 122 pounds as of this morning and that is pre- pancake.


After our delicious breakfast at Pappasita's, we headed out to Katy to pick up our produce I had ordered earlier in the week. While Roy really likes to go to the farmer's market to get great fruit and vegetables at fabulous prices, I like to buy mine from a clothing store in Katy. So far, this was the most expensive purchase of produce because along with it, I bought a skirt and a cute light weight sweater. Hey, it was buy one get one free. I scored price wise but it did make the over all purchase a little higher than even the Play Grocery Store. Bless the owner's heart, she is always trying to dress me up more than I need to be. She always points out the jackets or "safe" traditional purchases. I really don't want to look like a cookie cutter Cinco Ranch lady. If you live in Cinco Ranch, please do not be offended. I'm just trying to think of a large subdivision out in that area. Each time I tell her what I am going to wear with my purchase, she gives me the smile that says, "you need to stop being outside the box and color inside the lines with the other ladies your age." Poppycock, that is what I say. Well, that is the most traditional retort I could think of right now. I think that but don't say it to her. The skirt I bought this morning is a size small. Me...the big girl...in a size small anything! I'm shocked and still don't have my brain wrapped around this one. I don't care that it has an elastic waist, it is a size small. I cannot even ever remember a time when I wore a small anything. My friends wear size small, not me. Well, until today.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Woo hoo! That's so great, Nancy!

Jessica V. said...

That's awesome Nancy! Congrats!!!!