Friday, July 23, 2010

Part 2 Sunday Morning

Part 2 of Sunday morning. I think this might be the last stand of ancient carpeting of First Baptist Church. Come to worship the Lord but be amazed by the many types, colors and sometimes downright ugliness of the floor coverings of Houston's First Baptist. A couple of years ago I did a post on the different styles of carpet and wondered if maybe we were the display area for Carpet Giant or Jack's Carpeting. But I do know the red squares is original to the church. Roy didn't take this picture for the carpeting but for the sun beaming through the lower windows. I really like this picture but had to say something about the early ugly.


Now we are outside the Fellowship Center. See, there are two different styles of carpeting in this picture. Remember it is early because this coffee station is a happening place once all the people are coming in for Bible study or a service. Beige carpet on one of the most heavily traveled hallways...who if anyone was thinking this out because of the wear and tear and massive coffee stains that have to be happening.



Sound check. Roy took this picture when he was supposed to be praying for the services, but I'm glad he did.


Here is the choir in the 9:30 service. We are wearing our Houston Project t-shirts.







Emily and I like to sit and sing together. That's Emily on my left and she also was my raft riding partner a few weeks ago. We look like we know what we are doing.




Here is Lisa P. This is about the best picture of her. Roy said he couldn't focus on her long enough to get a good picture. It is true that Lisa P can move but it is also true that Roy is the longest focus-er in the universe.




I'm not puckering up for a kiss but it is one of the many oohs in our songs. Oohing might just be my strong suite.




















2 comments:

Amanda said...

Nancy, you got it goin' on that in last picture!

annette said...

I love the photo journaling of our church you share. It's a big part of my life and I actually don't have photos. You've inspired me to take some for myself, and of course, take note of the carpet patterns!