Monday, November 8, 2010

Dena, A Woman of Excellence and Influence

Friday evening was the 10 year of the Inspire Women Conference. It has been several years since I have attended, but when one of your best friends is being honored, you attend. Dena was honored as a woman of excellence and influence. She surely possesses both of those qualities.



Can you find Waldo? I mean can you find Dena?

Two of Dena's friends and co-workers.


OK, I was talking in this picture and I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone. The other group picture is too blurry to use.



Just a few of Dena's fans. Many of her other fans were roaming the lobby while on break.


Anita Carmen, founder and presenter of the Inspire Women awards.



Dena looking for her award. No not really...


Ah, she's been presented and given her award.





Here it is a little closer.


Another look.
Dena is one of the best teachers of the Bible I have ever heard. She has heart for bringing Christ into the workplace and being His light at Mustang. My life is richer for knowing her. Some of the most interesting and fun times have been traveling, shopping or eating with Dena. She says she is a dork, but I say she is good people.
There is just one drawback from attending the Inspire Women's Conference. After taking several years to get off the devotional email from them, I am now back on it and they have the correct name. I don't know I kind of liked being Sally and John to them. Have you ever??? I've already begun the unsubscribe process.
Congrats and blessings to Dena! Dayspring Bible study class is proud of you! I'm so proud of you too dear friend. You're good people.










2 comments:

Tillie said...

YAY Dena! So glad I was able to share in the special day with her...oh and of course EXTREMELY lucky and happy to have seen you there Nancy :)

FitzandMolly said...

Have you ever??? Boy, have I ever!!