Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Evening Begins to Fade

I should be studying for Thursday night. December 2 is the Christmas Celebration in the women's ministry. It is a dine by design event. Kelly Matte is talking about joy, I'm talking about peace and Wanda Jean Hickey is talking on hope. The toughest thing? Getting the huge topic of peace into 15-20 minutes. I've been culling and sharpening and tightening this up for about a week. This is hard work!

Roy is at BSF. He had to take Mustang Sally back to the Shell station before class and pick up the other car because she is making too much noise. Something about the muffler and add a couple more hundred dollars to a bill that includes a tune up and other sundry things. Sadly, Mustang Sally will be leaving the Monarchs sometime in December. She has been a ton of fun and brought so much joy to Christmas but we are at the point where I need a car that is easier to get into and Roy doesn't like how hot it is in the car during the summer and for that matter fall and winter. She has been with us since 2003 and only has 51,000 miles.

Roy and I went Nook shopping after lunch yesterday. We have been reading up on all the readers and iPads but the Color Nook seems to fit what I need. So this is either my late birthday gift or early Christmas. I forget. Now I just need to order a book or two. Unfortunately, I have the actual books to read. So I have officially come into the twenty first century in reading. Last night I was talking with Peggy and I told her now it will be much easier to surround me with books as I lay dying...see John Kennedy Jr telling the press about how his mother died...surrounded by friends, family and her books. Peggy said who would want to be surrounded by books and I sheepishly responded...me.

No comments: