Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brick, Stone and Paint

This was a full day.  A day that tired me out but it is the good kind of tired.  Of course today is Bible study out in Katy.  I even thought I had left early enough to be on time but alas sitting through three lights at the Grand Parkway took away some time.  We had a great core group time studying II Peter, mainly about false teachers.  Dani met up with Peggy and me around 11:30.  We had a delicious lunch at Lupe's and then we headed over to the model home to pick out brick, stone and exterior paint color.  Kind of makes me think of earth, wind and fire.  That is a huge decision brick and stone.  If it had just been Roy and me, we might still be there looking at all the samples.  Both Dani and I agreed the subtle look is what we wanted to go for.  Then we toured the model home once again making notes for the design appointment on Sunday.  I have already changed my mind on two things.  Dani hadn't ever been to Peggy's so we stopped by there for the quick tour.   I headed back into Houston and got home about 4:30 and I was dragging.  Roy came home soon afterwards.  He had been in meetings at EPROD on the West Loop.  He had a little down time before going to his photo shop class.  My eyes were getting heavier and heavier and I decided a cat nap is just what was needed.  So I asked Roy to wake me around 5:30.  If he hadn't, I might still be asleep. 

Last week I had a major doctor appointment.  Lots of meds changed and a new one added.  It took me several days to acclimate to the changes and I was quite foggy and out of it for several days. 

I have made several Goodwill trips and I feel like I haven't even made a dent, especially with books.  I did pack up many Southern books I said would never leave my possession.  Just the thought of moving books has been in getting into a great mood of purging.  Even Roy is thinking of letting some books go that he has hung onto for quite some time.  Buddy doesn't know this but she is going to be losing some toys.  She hasn't played with them in forever.  She is going to be so excited to have new places to explore and sleep on.  Maybe she will chose to sleep in another bedroom. 

Tomorrow is a fun excursion to the land of sugar for a haircut.  I am probably looking forward to the stop at Whole Foods and Super Target.  If I am in a patient enough mood, maybe Family Christian Bookstore.  Although, just the thought of moving stuff has severely curbed my appetite for very much new, outside of plastic storage containers.  Oh and a fabulous trip to the Amish Craftsman.  Think I found the dining room table and chairs, some pictures and maybe some bar stools.  Jennifer, I know someone who is going to be thrilled not to deliver here at the condo.  Once we have a better idea of build and build out time, I will order.  That furniture takes about three months since it is being built from the ground up.  Once again I'll be patient for its arrival and not be in such a big hurry.

I know my blog has been dominated by the subject of a new home and all the fun that goes with it.  I'm mainly writing all this so I can remember and rejoice in the process.  Really, I am so glad now that 8 out of 8 times, we lost out on the town homes and condos we were looking at.  Roy and I were talking tonight, how much fun it is to be in on the process from the ground up. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, yes, he is already thrilled. Everytime I mention that you bought out in Cinco Ranch, he says that he doesn't mind delivering out there at all. A big delivery improvement over the condo!