Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Good Sign, SOLD!



What a beautiful sight this sold sign is.  Thursday is Bible study day out in Katy for me and after running a few errands I decided to drive by the lot.  Roy and I had talked about it last night.  That I probably shouldn't drive past the lot because we received the news on Wednesday due to paperwork not processed with the developer that instead of beginning today, the house will start next week.  I have to admit, I was feeling a little discouraged and emailed Roy asking, what kind of paperwork.  He gave me the best lawyerly statement speculating what the hold-up might be.  Have to admit I was thankful at that moment that Roy attended law school, graduated and passed the Bar and the total enormous cost became worth it with his explanation.  You can't really tell it in the second picture but there is an electrical box on the post which signals construction to be happening very soon.  I was shocked to see how much had been done on the house at the beginning of our street.  So guess it is true, that once they get started it goes pretty quickly. 

While out that way I decided to stop in at the HEB Plus store and see what it is all about.  I'm not a fan of HEB but this store didn't give me the hebbie jebbies like other HEB's do.  Got some produce and brought home a couple of Cafe on the Run dishes to see if HEB will be able to take over cooking duties once we leave the close confines of the Play Grocery Store.  Also, score on some Yellow Box Shoes half price at La Centerra.  Yes, once again I broke my guideline of not purchasing anything that will have to be moved.  We are contemplating giving away two overstuffed club chairs with ottomans, 2 side boards, a three shelve glass display case and two bookcases.  I KNOW we won't be moving them. 


Yesterday, Dani and I went to The Amish Craftsman.  Roy and I had gone on Sunday and chose a few things we liked.  Dani's job was to confirm they were good choices, pick the stain and wood, and pick the fabric.  We were famished after all the selection process and headed to Escalante's for a semi healthy lunch, spinach enchiladas, grilled veggies and fat free refried black beans.  We took in Pottery Barn catalogs and poured over everything we like.  Oh to have a million dollars to spend on furnishings.  Roy has agreed to cash out some of our Am EX reward points for Pottery Barn gift cards.  I found the bed covering, which we called bedspreads back in the day, for the guest bedroom from the catalog, so the cards will be put to good use. 


It did the heart good to see the SOLD sign today.  Trendmaker is working on two home across the street from us.  Guess it will be a happening cul d sac at least for a little while. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah for progress and I love Pottery Barn bedding. It is so comfy looking.

Erin said...

How big are the bookcases?

Did you get my email? I can also come by anytime E isn't napping, just let me know!

FitzandMolly said...

i'd love to drive out there with you once they get the structure up and brainstorm about gardening!