Tuesday, March 1, 2011

There's A Change A Coming

Buddy is sitting on my lap purring to beat the band.  Little does she know that this summer her world will be rocked.  Rocked in a good way, more room to explore, more windows to participate in her hobby, bird watching and new places to curl up and take her early, mid morning, after lunch, late afternoon and early evening naps.  Buddy is a Russian Blue and that particular breed doesn't like change, they love the status quo.  So she'll have some adjusting to do. 

I have to be honest, I have some adjusting to do.  Until we got the word yesterday that we had been pre-approved for our loan, I wasn't going to let myself get too emotionally attached.  Once we got the phone call and the email confirming everything, my heart was skipping and jumping, in a good way.  I had heard even with stellar credit, you could be turned down for a mortgage loan.  Roy was confident. I was putting my trust in the Lord, oh then taking it back to worry about for a bit, then fully surrendering it back to the Lord, until right before bed and losing sleep because I was just merely thinking about it, not worrying....OK, yes, I was worrying but I'd promptly give it back to the Lord until mid morning.  You know the pattern.  The whole process is coming onto the two week mark.  Sometimes it feels like it has just been days and at other times it has felt like two years.  I'm so glad Roy is detail and task oriented.  He knew the time line from the very beginning.  I jumped in a couple of days later panicked that we wouldn't make our initial loan application in the allotted time period.  He had been on top of it from the very beginning. 

Yesterday was our first appointment at the design center.  Helping us navigate this path is our friend and designer Dani.  Once she was on the scene, the process sped up.  She knows how to look at flooring, cabinets, and color quickly and assess if the tile has too much yellow, the wood floor too much red and if the cabinets have that early American maple look, which we don't want.  We got a whole lot done yesterday and we go back Sunday at noon to finish it up.  We have done quite a few upgrades and we are staying on track on the budget we set for ourselves.  After Bible study on Thursday, Dani is going to meet me to go through the model home so she has a better perspective than just looking at the floor plans.  Here is a link to the home we have picked out and you can take a virtual tour if you click that link on the right hand side of the page.  It has pictures of the model home.  As much fun as it was to pick out everything, my attention span lagged the last 45 minutes or so.  Angry Birds to the rescue.  So thankful for detail oriented Roy cause the boring stuff, that will have an effect on the bottom line, is hard on this ADD rattled brain.  The David Weekly designer, who is awesome by the way, was trying to help me stay in there with them by giving me pictures of garage doors and the like.  Reminded me of a time way back when I accompanied Dena to a speaking engagement she had been invited to.  She gave me a spiritual gift test to keep me occupied and to keep me from distracting her from her last minute note revisions. 

It has been in my mind and heart, unless the Lord builds the house...I know, not a very original Bible verse for this happening.  None the less, it is so true.  We are so in tune with the Lord building our home for His glory.  Thankfully, I wasn't stupid and made the promise, if we can just get this house I will use it to host church groups etc...  I really only know two people and I don't know if they ever made that vow, but Marsha T and Peggy B really, truly use their homes in that way and glorify God through their hospitality and warmth.  But I have volunteered to be Bain overflow when the compound is at its limit.  I tend to go along with Mark Batterson's idea of our spaces being sacred.  Our "stuff" should reflect who we are and the milestones or our Ebeneezer's  that God has used to grow us up in Him.  My mindset is just not having beautiful accessories but they need to be meaningful and purposeful. 

So glad I have a massage appointment today.  Very good timing.  Then I can come back home and return to the great purging.  We happily realized the other day that we won't need to own so much basic clothing.  Our dryer takes forever, so we have to have multiples because we just can't throw something in the dryer and be good to go. 

Buddy had left but has just now returned to my lap.  Oh Buddy, you are going to be so stressed but then so happy once we arrive in our new home.  That is pretty good advice to give myself right about now.  Buddy, you are going to be a Cinco Ranch cat and I'm going to be a Cinco Ranch woman.  You, Roy and I will be a Cinco Ranch family. 

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

I've always wanted to live on a ranch in the hill country - maybe if we moved out there, i could at least live on a "ranch!"

Erin said...

i'm so glad you're going with a david weekley! matt will be thrilled (he works there in purchasing!) if you need any more help, please let me know. he works with the designers every day and literally works right above the design center - he'd love to come meet up with y'all to go over things if you ever need or want to! you will LOVE your home and the service that comes with it!