Friday, April 22, 2011

Life, But Not So Removed From Reverencing the Day and Sacrifice Made For Us

There is a slightly nervous cat sitting in my lap.  She doesn't like to see boxes, bags and suitcases.  Today was a huge clean out day in Roy's closet.  We must have hauled out 2 bags of trash and took suits, sport coats, pants and shirts to the car for Goodwill till we couldn't haul out one more thing.  Roy even parted with his chess set and handmade board while I sacrificed my vintage Risk game.  Got that game in high school as a bribe from  my mom.  Little did I realize as I was drinking Caster Oil the night before the Doctor appointment, just why I was having to drink it.  Once at the appointment and being told I was going to have an upper and lower GI and just exactly what that meant...I was heading out the office and letting anyone who was in earshot know that THAT was not going to happen to me, and just as I reached  the door for my exit, my mom suggested she would buy me that game if I would just go through with the procedure.  Really, I did enjoy that game but in hindsight (no pun intended), I should have held out for something else than just a game.

 Lots of luggage went out the door with everything else today.  We cleaned out all the heavy suitcases that adds too much weight to the weight limit imposed by the airlines thus impeding my propensity to mood pack for trips and now if we fly, we would have to pay for my indecision. 

Roy actually got home early from the office last night.  Everyone was told to go home around 3:00 to begin Easter weekend.  We went out to dinner, ran to Costco and ended up at Academy where we purchased the deal of the day.  Ski pants for $4.88.  Neither one of us ski, but we thought they might keep Roy roasty, toasty while out and about in winter taking pictures.  He is so set for a return trip to the Biltmore at Christmas, but not this Christmas, well unless we haven't moved into our new home yet.  Then it might take a Biltmore Extravagant Christmas to lull me out of any doldrums I might be experiencing. 

This morning we went to breakfast at Le Peep and ran a few errands before returning home for the full de-cluttering work that we accomplished this afternoon.  I also went through the linen closet and then called it a day on going through things. 

After taking over a truck load to Goodwill, we came home and rested.  On my way home from Bible study yesterday, I stopped at the Basset Furniture Store.  Met a very helpful designer and we went through the sofas, accent tables and accent chairs making notes of what caught my eye.  Now Dani can come back with me and confirm or steer me in the correct direction on choices.  But that is how I rested this afternoon, going through the catalog and highlighting the stuff I liked.  Oh, and playing Angry Birds, Easter edition.  Then I hit my bookcase that holds my Southern fiction collection and actually removed books from that case for Goodwill and a few books that I think friends might enjoy.  Now that is something I thought I would never do. 

We just finished dinner.  Delicious brisket, potato salad and slaw.  My eyelids are getting heavy and maybe it is not going to be a late night for me.  Have a feeling we'll hit a couple of cabinets in the kitchen tomorrow. 

Not far from my heart and mind of course is Good Friday, how Jesus was broken for us so that we might live in Him.  That we might live through Him.  That we too might experience resurrected life paid for by His life and sacrifice. 

No comments: