Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tough and Tenderness

To be really honest the past 24 hours have been tough. We found out yesterday that David Weekly didn't own or have the rights to the lot we had picked out. I came across this information accidently when I went to our website on mydwhomes.com to see if there were any updates etc. Uh yea, a huge update the address on the front of our floor plan had changed. I called Roy and he began calling our builder and sales consultant. The builder said all is well, just replotting by the developer. But around 4:30 instead of sending us the new plot workup we received the cryptic email, your sales consultant will be calling you about this. Roy made the phone calls to find out just what in the heck was going on. It seems that Trendmaker actually has the lot we wanted and Weekly homes have just discovered that information. DW actually has the two lots across the street. So the SOLD sign wasn't really a good sign after all. Two options go see the lot that DW actually has rights to or see if Trendmaker would trade out lots. The thought crossed my mind, dang it was that Trust His Heart post I wrote to see if I still believe what I wrote about from back in the day. Then there is the counter thought of, is this God? Or is this the devil trying to John 10:10 us, kill, steal and destroy? My heart sided with God, Roy thought it was the devil trying to steal our joy. I mean we got this lot by 30 seconds. We have had almost 8 weeks of falling in love with our blue prints and plans. How lovely to have two brick fences... then the news hit yesterday. Meanwhile after some sporadic prayer I called two friends to talk about the newest happenings. Really spiritual people would have spent hours in prayer, but I've never really claimed to be all that spiritual. I did what we all mostly do, talk to friends, then get back with God and relay our thoughts on the whole situation to Him. Yea, I know He just loves that! But it was helpful for me to talk with them especially Peggy because she really talked me through the process to see both the pro and con of each lot. Then she quoted Romans 8:28. Don't be shocked, we do quote the Word to one another and talk of things that are serious. It just comes between other stuff. Anyway, it made me think. In the back of my mind I had some reservations mainly that the brick fence would be so easy to climb over and break into the house being right off the street. She and Roy both mentioned road noise. While Roy and I were getting ready for bed I'd say stuff like, how does stuff like this happen? Do you think our sales consultant dropped the ball? Are you going to go in wearing your lawyer pants? Finally Roy said, it doesn't matter we need to go peacefully and let God lead us. Uh, oh yes...I seem to remember that's how we are to walk in the light.... I gave God the problem, took it back, gave it, shoved it at Him, pulled on it really hard and took it back for about 30 minutes there in the dark. My chest was tightening up, heartbeat racing and eureka, it finally dawned on me that worry wasn't going to add one thing to the situation and I didn't want to be in the ER on Tuesday instead of looking at the new lot. So I reluctantly gave it to God and listened to Spanish programming on KHCB until I finally dozed off. Then I think Roy started snoring and Buddy got restless, but then I finally fell into deep sleep in between the zzz's and the meows.

On the way to my parent's house this morning I played the choir practice CD. I wanted to be so I Chronicles 20 and be singing and praising God while He was defeating the enemy.


Today was open house to realtors for the new section of Cinco Ranch opening. Parking was a premium and severely lacking, so we met our sales consultant at the lots. Before he got there Roy and I walked the depth and the width of the lot...I was kind of Joshua-ing it... The lot is higher than the original, it is deeper and wide, deeper and wide...no fountain flowing but the lot is deeper and wide. The houses built behind us will be on a diagonal so we won't be directly lined up with the house behind us. No brick walls, only one hardy plank wall and then two wooden fences. Heck, I figure once we landscape, we won't miss the brick wall, but we will still have the brick house, it's mighty, mighty. We agreed to meet our sales guy back at the model home village and after discussing it amongst ourselves we were leaning toward taking that lot. We just wanted to see the plot drawings etc. So tonight, Roy will email the builder and the sales consultant to let them know we will build on the lot that allegedly they have the rights to.



I drove Roy back to the office and dropped him off. Then I made a quick trip to Central Market. And then I came home and took a nap. I was emotionally exhausted. So now we just have to find out how long this will delay the start of our home but they keep assuring us we will still be in our new home sometime around July 1. We will see. Tonight I remembered that although we cannot put God in a box and He doesn't always have a pattern in how He leads us, I do believe that this latest delay is in the pattern we have experienced since we began this house finding/house building journey. A contract written or a condo taken off the market or changing lots...it feels like God shutting doors to get us to our desired haven. We don't get special dispensation of not having to battle for the land, we just don't want to miss God and disobey and then have to wander around for 40 years.



Here is the gift of the day though. Today is my mom's 82 birthday. I went to their home this morning with cupcakes, a card and gifts. She didn't come to the front door with my dad, but was wandering about the back of the house. When she came into the living room she said, "Nancy." My mom has Alzheimer's and hasn't said my name in a very long time. I nearly lost it but I will never forget today, not because of the lot decision but because I got to hear my mom say my name again. What a gift!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was a wonderful gift your mom gave you. I am sure that put everything into perspective for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! They didn't own the lot - how in the world does that happen! I just can't believe all the drama of trying to get your dream abode!! And definitely do not want you guys to be wandering for 40 years. . .

And Super Wow! She said your name! We know. . . we know what that really means!

Hang in there!!

LMS