Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Testamentary

It has been a long time waiting, but finally my hair appointment for highlights and a haircut is tomorrow morning.  Blond highlights to start off the summer, a little brighter and with color comes the added texture to my hair.  So it doesn't go flat being outdoors for 30 seconds. 

We only have two more weeks of Bible study.  Seems like the study ends just as the group begins to gel.  We had our core group brunch today and the conversations were all over the place.  Patsy did her best to rein us in and tried to get us all to discuss the assigned question, but I think only one person answered and the rest of the time we were discussing all things but the assigned topic.  Actually, I like it when we do that.  Sometimes the discussion is more meaningful and edifying when it isn't so structured.  I even got to mention one of my favorite stories that Joyce Meyers tells on herself, when she first became a believer, she led her Bible study in short shorts and a ciggy hanging out of her mouth.  That is such a good visual.  We were discussing why we shouldn't judge just by appearances.  Brunch was exceptionally good today, Peggy brought chicken enchiladas, there was fruit salad, guacamole, fresh strawberries, homemade cinnamon rolls that are awesome and I brought cookies from Memorial Bakery.  Good news is, Memorial Bakery is moving to the shopping center where there is the DSW, Pier 1, Home Goods and Office Max.  When I was picking up the cookies yesterday and I asked when they are moving.  Next week and I was so happy because now they are closer to us...well, that is until we move.

And because I know y'all are as obsessed with our new home as I am...ha ha...you'll want this update.  After Bible study I drove by the lot.  The SOLD sign is up and the electrical box that signals a soon to be start was in place.  Ah, now that was encouraging.  I actually remembered to bring a camera and took some pictures and lucky for you dear readers, the camera is still in the car and haven't downloaded the pictures.  Lot is still the same looking dry, parched lot but it has a sign and electrical box!  Maybe next week after Bible study, my jaunt to the lot will have something more to take pictures of. 

Yesterday, I went to pick up the four slice toaster from Crate and Barrel.  You know the one that was going to take 1-2 weeks to arrive?  While I was there I did what C&B hoped I would do, look around on the second trip into the store.  This time I went upstairs to the furniture and saw several things swatch and brochure worthy.  I would tell you I saw a couple of coffee tables I liked but C&B has taught me not to call them by that irrelevant term and to begin calling these pieces of furniture, accent tables.  I love it.  Window coverings=drapes, floor treatment=tile, wood or carpet, and now accent tables.  It takes anywhere from 8-10 weeks for furniture to be made that isn't stock.  Think I will wait till the last minute if we end up buying our accent tables and divans there.  OK, I know they are still called couches or sofas, but I'm trying to get a retro trend started here people.  Because C&B is like God's timing, a day is as a 1000 years and a 1000 years is as a day, that means to C&B, 1-2 weeks is one day and what I hoped to be delivered in July or August could be here next week.  Again to yell out our life motto, don't buy anything that has to be moved!

So Roy is bringing home 2 beach towels from the Mustang Engineering Annual Shrimp Boil.  He clearly is not thinking of our life motto, but how could he?  I mean when it is all the boiled shrimp you can eat, I might have brought home more than towels.  In years past when he has received the invite, he asks if I would like to go with him.  This year he invited a co-worker to go with him instead of me.  Well, he did mention the shrimp boil to see if I had any interest and since it was Bible study day and we were doing brunch, I didn't accept his mention.  He said his co-worker had never been to anything like it and really enjoyed himself. 

Roy is on his way home from the office.  He has been at the West Loop office and it has been nice having him come home a little sooner than usual.  I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner, but he just told me he isn't hungry.  Well that was until I mentioned I brought him some of Mary's homemade cinnamon rolls.  He said, now that a great dinner! 

No comments: