Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Errands and a Flat Iron

It is stupid hot.  Just like the Bible says, we go from strength to strength, I went from A/C to A/C.  The in between times outdoors, almost unbearable.  Happy to have run all my errands and return home before noon.  There were several to do's on my list today.  To guarantee an early start I decided breakfast out would be just the thing.  After a leisurely breakfast I went next door to Tanglewood Gifts and dropped off  the mail.  Then I went to Nord.  Yesterday, while going through things I found some items that didn't fit into the clothing picture of the present and near future.  Why I keep thinking I'm a little cardigan girl, I don't know.  Anyway, did that, then picked up a  golf gift card for a birthday gift and then went to Nord Rack.  Found Roy some shirts and I bought another set of sheets.  Stopped at the bank and then went to the Walgreen's to pick up a prescription.  If Walgreen's had cold Diet Cokes I would have continued on with a couple more things, but their Cokes are always warm...so headed home and will do the other stuff later in the week. 

We went out to see if there was any progress on the house last night.  Yes!  No window, but bricking has started and all the Sheetrock has been floated.  Everything looked so different now that the rooms are defined.  We go next week and pick out the slab of granite for the kitchen. 

I almost forgot to tell of an earth shattering moment...she says in jest...that happened last Friday night.  Dena and I went to the Bistro for dinner.  And of course, it was delicious.  The nice thing about the Bistro at night, you don't have to fight crowd noise to be heard.  We did a little look see in a couple of depts and then decided to call it a night.  We encountered a lot of construction going on in the area and just as we had cleared it, I said you know if it wasn't a Friday night and knowing the parking lot will be jammed at the Rack, I would go and get a flat iron.  Who knew that small sentence would add life for two otherwise worn out and ready to pack it in girls.  Dena came alive!  What?  I was going to start using a flat iron!  She is the flat iron queen and told me I shouldn't buy a cheap one but instead should buy a Chi brand.  It was then she offered to let me borrow one out of her vast collection and I was up for it, but then I remembered parking at her place is now a premium.  Nah, so we turned around and went to Ulta and got in right under the 9:00 closing time.  A few minutes later, I had purchased a flat iron that passed Dena's seal of approval.  I used it for the first time on Sunday morning.  I even got up early just in case the whole hair thing went south.  I think I did pretty good.  So I flat ironed this morning, but didn't do such a hot job.  Guess it will just take practice.  But I needed to announce to the world I have finally bought into using a flat iron. 

Here are a few pictures Roy took last night.


 The dinning room ceiling. This is really going to be a sitting room. 



The kitchen



The fireplace and the TV nook

Sunset over Cinco


View from a bridge too far



Nite, nite to the sun.

1 comment:

Ulovebeth said...

Flat iron tip from Frizz-Head: use a bit of some kind of serum that has dimethicone in it. Just a teeny bit! Then take a fine tooth comb thru your hair right in front of the flat iron. It takes a little practice, but that helps the flat iron to be ironing our hair w/out tangles. Good luck.
If you can teach Roy this method, all the better. Reaching to wear the eyes can't see is difficult. I always have a big kink in the back.