Monday, June 27, 2011

Waiting and Failing at It

I took the picture of this sign in Alaska back in 2008 and yes I realize it says trail of time not trial of time.  Either way right now would work in life.  I'm failing miserably at waiting.  Last Thursday, three times on Facebook:

 Isaiah 40:28-31

Amplified Bible (AMP)
28Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.
29He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].(A)
30Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted;
31But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.(B)

Noticing and thanking God in advance that He is preparing you and strengthening you are two different things.  I noticed...  Even knowing that this particular passage is the one the Lord gave to me for this year, I noticed and even said to myself...is this a message to pay particular attention to?  Dismissed it...

On Thursday our sales consultant from David Weekley Homes emailed us to let us know the windows that have not been installed were boarded up to protect the inside of the house from rain and that insulation and sheet rock would be going up, even though the house is missing two windows.  So on a whim Thursday evening after dinner, Roy and I went out to the house...NOTHING... NO NOT ONE THING that he said would be done, had been done.  That irritated the fire out of me.  On our way out of the subdivision, we made a special jaunt to a house, same floor plan, being built around the way.  Dang it!  They had in all their windows and the majority of their house had been bricked!  This house started three weeks after ours.  What the heck?  This is where I so wish I could report that I let the power of Christ rule over my flesh, but I deed-nt.  Nope, I got angry, raised my voice and generally acted like an idiot.  You know, I'm saying to Roy...call them...email them..tell me, what do you think is going on....do you think this is a conspiracy?  The last statement comes from watching too much ID TV, where every story they show has conspiracy intertwined all through it.  Roy is the spiritual one that night and refuses to buy into my anger.  I could not go to sleep that night...it was well past 2:30 am when sleep finally came.  The next morning after a slow sizzle, he wasn't happy about the house situation and he made some phone calls.  He got the ball rolling again.  We went out there last night, insulation in, partly sheet rocked, but no windows.  While we were there several trucks and cars pulled up.  Construction workers, doing the overtime thing, working on the rest of the sheet rock.  We thanked them in English and espanol.  According to our David Weekley home page, all sheet rock is up. 

I've got to stop watching Mob Wives on VH1.  The show is addicting, kind of like Toddlers and Tiaras.  Only T&T doesn't have as much if any cussing but just like MW, it bleeps it out.  Sometimes on MW you can't even follow the sentence because it is one long string of bleeps.  No, I haven't started talking that way but you know, if that is what I am filling my head with instead of hiding the Word in my heart when I encounter moments where I should be relying on the power of the Holy Spirit...it might just slip out.  In fact, I was being funny with Roy on our drive home Thursday and I was bleeping myself out and talking about loyalty and disrespect...(which are two major subject matters on MW)





I got to stop watching this show and I just learned it is being renewed for another season and July 10 is the reunion show... 

Yesterday, awesome sermon at church...Heavenomics...dying to self and ego...thinking when things don't go according to our schedule, we have rights....  As you can tell the sermon hit a sensitive spot and yes, up there in the choir loft I asked the Lord to forgive me and help me live life like Jesus taught us.  Even in Sunday School, Dena gave extensive attention to, you guessed it, Isaiah 40: 28-31.  I said in my spirit, I am doing more than noticing this, I'm looking for what the Lord wants me to learn.  That was all fine and good for yesterday, but today... I failed miserably again, at Academy.  Why stores don't have enough people for check out is beyond me.  One line was open, the line was long and the manager and assistant manager stood there...watching...doing nothing...but (and this is my interpretation of it) "giving leadership."  Come on, open up another lane, maybe even the manager could check out some customers.  So after waiting in line for significant time, one of my items doesn't have a bar code on it...only the price.  The clerk calls someone...nothing...some other employee walks by and says, that is the last one...nothing.  Meanwhile the line is growing longer and longer.  So I volunteer to go back and get another item, with the bar code, because it wasn't the last one.  But the clerk says, yes you can pay for this and go back and get the merchandise and get in line to pay for again.  Uh...no.  I've already given a lot of time to this purchase, so I said and then apologized to all those in line, then I will just stand here until you get it figured out.  And being the ever helpful one, I would say every few minutes, I would have already returned and you could be checking out the next person.  Finally, the girl says, OK, go get it and I will hold the line.  Back in nothing flat, paid for the purchase and went out the door.  Of course when I was telling Roy about it I said, at least I didn't go Mob Wives mad.  He said, you've got to stop watching that show...  I think he said it to me several times.  Really, it doesn't matter if I was just a little mad or a lot mad, I failed.  Once again, I confessed and prayed.

Kroger...long lines...but they are moving along.  Getting groceries rung up, lady in front of me won't move because she is reading over her receipt.  She didn't get credited for BOGO.  I was miffed but still didn't go MW angry.  Doesn't matter, I failed.

Funny, but I bought a new book the other day, breaking my vow of no new books until after we move, Living on the Edge.  Great reading so far and guess what it is all about, Romans 12...which goes right along with Isiah 40.  The good news is even though I have failed, I've been forgiven and it is only by God's grace that I can live life that is pleasing and glorifying to Him.  Hey, I'm loyal, I'm His girl and I won't go around disrespecting Him...as they say on MW.  Better yet, "She's got no spades, so she might as well throw in her hand"  which only means in MW talk, I'm giving it all to Him.  Well, until I take it back.  I hope I don't, but anyway, these are the struggles of the moment.  Really rather shallow. 

No comments: