Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taking a Break...A Lunch Break

Lunch today is a delicious pimento cheese sandwich and cantaloupe.  Guess I have gone with an orange-esk color in my dinning choices today. 

Yesterday, I began going through kitchen cabinets.  I think we have not only cornered the market on camisoles and sunscreen found on previous packing days, we also have cornered the market on travel mugs.  More specifically, coffee travel mugs.  Throughout the years we have mainly acquired them as give a ways, some came as gifts and I think only one out of the large group was bought by us.  I know we went through our collection about a year and a half ago and got rid of a bunch of them.  Seems like in those dark, corner cabinet recesses, those travel mugs have been taking seriously the command of being fruitful and multiple.  I'm embarrassed to admit that also stuck back in that corner cabinet were several packages of DIY dry cleaning kits.  I don't think they even make them anymore.  Obviously, we can't do away with clothes that need to be dry cleaned for Roy, but I have been on a quest of not purchasing clothes that need dry cleaning for me.  This kit was for my clothes as I would rather a professional take care of Roy's.  Apparently, my quest for non dry clean clothes was successful, thus the unused kits. 

We heard from our builder that the one remaining window should be installed this week.  They are still predicting that the house will be finished by the end of July.  The new setting for our master bathroom bathtub should be installed this week as well.  They cut for a 5' tub and we had ordered a 6'. 

After dinner last night, Roy and I made a Costco run.  We only needed a few things and we stuck with our list pretty much.  The temptation is great in Costco.  We saw a patio dinning table that we loved, a slate top.  I don't know, but for me slate is my new favorite stone.  But reality of moving the thing hit when we tried to lift it up.  Not that we would be trying to move it all the time, but you have to take into account you know, hurricane force winds.  While going through the kitchen, I've decided we need glass storage dishes and get rid of all the plastic.  We looked at what Costco had and kept on rolling. 

Well, my lunch break is over.  I need to continue on with the work at hand. 

2 comments:

AyDubb said...

Nancy, in honor of your food choices, this is for you: http://bentobjects.blogspot.com/

Happy S.O.S.A.D.!

Nancy Mon said...

I had no idea I was celebrating S.O.S.A.D.