Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shifting and Shredding

So a new thing has started here at home with Buddy.  Buddy has never worn any kind of collar and since we will be moving to a house where the odds of her getting out the door increase if we fail to be vigilant, she needs to have a tag on in order to be returned to us.  That is if a hawk doesn't get her.  That image is burnt into my consciousness after hearing a story about hawks in Katy and the untimely end to small animals.  Even now tears are in the corner of my eyes because that end is just unthinkable.  Buddy has had her new collar on, which I might add is very stylish and attractive, for about thirty minutes.  She doesn't like it.  I'm trying to encourage her with play but she stops every few steps and attempts removal of the collar.  In the middle of the night I might not be thinking this collar complete with small bell is a good idea.  But it will be a warning when Buddy sneaks up to me in the night and meows, thus signaling she would like for me to turn onto my right side in order to curl up on my arm.  Tonight, she might be seeking out Roy for company instead of me.  Dang, I should have had Roy put the collar on her. 

Today, I'm going through little places where junk piles up.  I have come across warranties and information on appliances that have come and gone.  Found some funny pictures, some poignant cards and interesting things like that.  Getting ready to fire up old shreddy is just a moment. 

Once we really hit Roy's office stuff and some clothes can could maybe head to Goodwill I will feel like we are in a good place packed up wise.  We are getting to the point that the things not packed are the things we are using. 

I'm going to check on Buddy.  She has given up for now but once she has had her mid afternoon nap, she will intently give her attention to removing her collar. 

No comments: