Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm Back!

After two long weeks we finally have the Internet back in our casa. Actually, it is usually I who has fits over no connection, but this time it affected Roy more so than me.  It became quite the fiasco yesterday.  We got the confirmation call that someone would be here before 5:00 and no one showed, much less called.  Until 9:00 last night, Roy called Comcast every 45 minutes and heard a different story or excuse.  In the midst of all this one of the Comcast voices gave us HBO free for 6 months.  Really, that is probably a waste but I did get to see the McEnroe/Borg special and it was very good.  In the past two weeks we have had a lot going on that being connected to the Internet here at home would have made life a little easier.  But, it is great to be back!

So much has been happening but now that I have a chance to write about it, nothing is coming to mind.  The heat in Houston has been almost unbearable.  With the heat has come a small relapse with heart events.  Think things might be under control now, but I don't feel confident enough to be in the choir loft tomorrow morning.  It has been quite some time since I have felt like this. 

I broke my toe on Tuesday.  Quite funny, my toe got caught in the hem of my jammies and with the next step, I tumbled.  I can only wonder what the people who live below us thought.  I was pretty bruised up and sore on Wednesday.  At least I broke my toe in the top joint and not in the middle like I've done before.  It is not as painful to get around when it is a high break.

New challenge for me...  Our bank finally got rid of its 1990 version of ATM and installed one with touch screen.  My first attempt at using it was just sad.  I know the employees had to be so happy to watch the video of me trying to use the ding, dong thing.  After a few futile attempts, success was mine. 

We almost have windows!  Ours have been on back order because the INS raided the window makers and most of the workers were here illegally.  So production went down from 200 windows a day, to about 20.  We only have one window left to be put in.  They have started some of the outside trim work on our entrance.  Bricks and stones should be happening soon.

This is all I've got for now....

No comments: