Friday, June 17, 2011

Step Back, Prepare and a Poem

For some reason my blog has stopped importing into my Facebook notes.  So techie that I am, I went to the help area on Facebook.  I was instructed to send some information, which I did.  Now I am getting more instructions that this addled, not tech, low attention span brain that cannot comprehend.  So here's to I hope it all works out. 

It is so good to have an ease into the day kind of morning.  This week has been full and I've been busier than usual.  Of course when I do this, my body sends me a HUGE message that I need to take a couple steps back and build in more down time.  So it felt really good to sleep in this morning because the next few days might prove to be hectic.  Last night we did our prep work for John and Paige's wedding shower on Saturday.  The group that I am so happy to be a part of who are putting on this shindig is reasonably balanced into those who are good at taking charge and getting things accomplished and those that are there and happy to be apart of it and await instructions.  You know a group of Baptists, especially Baptist women cannot have any type of gathering without the communal gathering and feasting of snacks.  There were some really good snacks to be had in the midst of the prep and fun.  I seemed to find myself more drawn to the fun.  John and Paige were a hoot and so cute to watch as they went through the gifts.  Paige's parents and younger sister had just gotten into town and so they were able to be there to be a part of the festivities.  The shower on Saturday will be a blast.  Roy will be taking pictures for them, so I will have something to post on the blog and on Facebook. 

We have met a milestone here at the condo, all our books have been boxed.  Oh, there are a few exceptions of some notebooks that Roy needs to look through.  The non necessary kitchen items are next of my list.  Of course that last sentence would be an oxymoron here, so I should probably be more definitive by saying, kitchen items in the cabinet that never see the light of day.  That would include things like Pyrex dishes, cookie sheets, cake pans and all the utensils that accompany them.  Once we move I think I will get a hand mixer and a few other kitchen things because maybe the "new" will inspire me.  That and the fact that I won't have a play grocery store just down the street. 

My two favorite pairs of flip flops this summer create so many shoe farts.  These shoes are great support and have that negative heel action that will help me have shapelier calf's and thighs.  Ha!  I really love the support much better than regular flip flops.  So for the most part I don't mind the shoe farts but it is a tad embarrassing when one walks through relative quiet spots in life.  The other evening the loud talker and the obsessive dog walker were sitting by the pool and as I walked passed them, my shoes went to town making all kinds of disgusting noises.  The loud talker even heard them over her loud, booming voice.  For a minute I contemplated turning back to tell them that it was my shoes making that noise, not me.  But what the heck, we're moving.  Besides it will give them something to remember me by when we have moved.  Shoe farts in the bookstore, church, and other places....I usually warn friends and people with me that the noise they are about to hear did not eminate from me, but rather from my shoes. 

This week while packing things in Roy's office I came across my Amplified Bible that I bought in 1974.  I have written about this Bible before.  I had saved money and had Christmas money from my grandparents and after Christmas I headed down to the Baptist Book Store on Main Street to buy my red leather Amplified Bible.  I had priced it earlier and had just that amount of money with me.  Much to my surprise the cost of that Bible went up several dollars in the interim.  That news broke my heart.  The saleslady said, we have a red leather Amplified Bible that we are sending back because two pages in Jeremiah has lighter print.  She would sell me that Bible for the money I had.  I looked at the two pages, they were readable and at the time I thought, who reads Jeremiah?  I think I was in my being all spiritual mode by only receiving great wisdom from the minor prophets at that time.   I notice that I do have several verses highlighted on those two pages, so apparently my thought pattern toward the book of Jeremiah changed.  Because the Lord provided His Word that day, I wrote a poem of thankfulness to Him in my Bible.  So here it is; poetry on a Friday.  Maybe I should add bad poetry on a Friday, but it was written from my 20 year old mind and heart. 

Clap your hands, dance and leap!
For the seeds have been sown
and now it's time to harvest and reap.
The hills and the mountains break forth into singing
with glad hosannas and praises ringing.
The trees of the field clap their hands, they are over joyed.
Because the Word never returns to Him, void.
As the rains from heaven cause flowers to sprout
So is the Word of God that brings souls out.
For the Word of God is full of power and sharper than any two edged sword.
And when it pierces the heart, a person will acknowledge Jesus as Lord!
It is the Word of God that is the power to save and refresh
Not us at all, for nothing dwells good in our flesh.
No matter how good we try to be at any length
the principle still stands, in quietness and confidence is our strength.
So through every valley, brook and rill
Let the seeds be planted!  Cultivate and till.
Because the opportunity we may not always seize
But the Word of God will go out and accomplish
What He would please.

Nancy Doss 1974

No comments: