Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trying Not to be Overwhelmed

I swear we could open a Lifeway Store with all the reference books, Bible studies, Bibles, and cards I have found this morning while cleaning out Roy's office.  By cleaning out, I mean packing and making another Goodwill box that will be out the door soon, I hope. 

It has been an exciting morning because we received an email from our mortgage company asking for all kinds of recent information.  So that means things are on the move.  As I read the list of everything that Roy needs to gather, I became overwhelmed.  Just like Roy becomes overwhelmed when faced with packing boxes.  It is a really good thing that we are so opposite and can take care of the stuff we have more of an affinity for. 

Part of me wants to begin packing up some stuff in the kitchen because, well you know, it probably won't get used in the next month or so.  I was in Highland Village yesterday because I meet Cassi for lunch.  I went a little early to be able to run into a couple of stores.  I even went to Pottery Barn hoping that my presence would produce rain.  I even went twice!  First visit in a long time that didn't end with me getting wet, well from rain.  Sweat, that is a whole nother thing.  I enjoy browsing Williams Sonoma because they have stuff that makes me think if I owned it, I would cook.  Although, I did take a little longer with some items that I probably will get once we have moved in and settled down.  Anthropologie had lots of cute things on sale but cute kitchen items will just have to wait.  Interesting side note to the Pottery Barn trip.  I think I was being set up for a purse snatching in the parking lot.  Hey, still have some street sense from our days living in Fondren Southwest.  Living, not a good term, existing until we could get out is more like it.  Anyway, I turned back and kind of bowed up and made the evil eye at the two following me.  The one who probably was the chosen one to grab my purse was caught by surprise and the one heading to the get a way car, hurried their steps a little more.  Who knows, God may have put some big ol' angels around me and that shook them up.  But just by the way they reacted makes me think, they weren't up to any good. 

Just one more window to be installed and then an inspection and then drywall can be hung and the bricks and stones will start on the outside.  Once that happens I think everything begins to speed up, trim and door work, cabinets, counter tops, paint, and then flooring. 

Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday. 

All the windows are in on this side, except for the bathroom window which will be glass block.
 A courtyard view.  Well, what will be the courtyard.
 A view from across the street.
 Me hanging out on the back porch. 
All my creativity is going into thinking about this house.  I have to make sure not to think about the house before going to bed, because my brain starts running and I can't go to sleep.  It has been neat to walk through the house and see all the verses we wrote on the frame.  I'm thinking on our next trip out that way, I might write a few verses and such on the floor. 

No comments: