Friday, April 6, 2012

A Thought Interrupted

The Thursday before Good Friday.  We didn't go to Broken For You tonight.  We weren't too sure when Roy would get home today.  Actually, his company in celebrating the spirit of the season let all the employees leave at 3:00 today.  I find it interesting that a secular company is more generous with time off before holidays than most churches are to their staff.  This is true at Thanksgiving and Christmas as well.  Hope I never really have any kind of spiritual emergency the week before Thanksgiving, because the only ones around are those who don't have enough vacation to take off the week and those essential to run a skeleton, not a reference to Halloween or Fall Festival, staff.   But back to Roy, he didn't leave until 4:00 and he was fortunate that his bus got ahead of the huge car chase on I-10.  I was watching that here on the computer.  We went out for dinner and then stopped quickly at Home Depot for potting soil and some compost/manure for the new flower bed Roy has been working on this week. 

Revelation has been such an interesting study and it is drawing to a close.  We had such a lively discussion in our core group today.  An interesting insight into a myth that cartoons and TV programs is that, the devil is shown to be in charge of hell.  He is prodding and causing torment to those who have joined him for eternity only that is not true.  He is not in charge of hell, God is.  I am having trouble understanding the whole millennial rein of Christ.  There will be mortals and those of us who have been resurrected on the earth.  Our homework has emphasized that we will be helping out, ruling and pronouncing judgements.  What will we eat?  Will we eat the same stuff as the people?  I have no clue, but I will probably be put in charge of a Burger King or something.  Well, maybe not Burger King because there will be no other king on earth at this time but Jesus.  So, maybe a Wendy's or if I have been really spiritual, Chic Fil A.

I didn't get to finish up my post last night and this morning I have no idea of where I was going with this.  I'm watching the sun rise over the houses on the prairie.  The only noise this morning is the hum of the computer and an occasional meow from Buddy.  The noise from construction begins around 7:20.  Roy who has plans to sleep in is in for a surprise when the work begins.  Last night we got a phone call with some rather disturbing news. It is too much to take in but not surprising in the least.  Although it is difficult to comprehend I am comforted by the thought that this isn't a surprise to God and all is in His control. 

Isaiah 57:

20 “But those who still reject me are like the restless sea,
which is never still
but continually churns up mud and dirt.
21 There is no peace for the wicked,”
says my God.

I'm glad that my life is in the hand of the sea and wave walker!  The mud and dirt being churned up is not a problem for Him.  The wind and waves are calmed by His command and all the muddled chaos is stilled and then there is His peace.  So thankful for God's generosity toward me. 

No comments: