Friday, April 27, 2012

This and That With Nancy



Today was a very early morning for me. The housekeeper changed days this week and came this morning instead of Wednesday afternoon. She was here bright and early, 7:30 am. There were a few things I needed to take care of before I took off for the morning, but once she gets here, she is a ball of fire and it was obvious that I needed to get out the door and out of the way. There were a couple of errands to run on the way to Pecan Grille for a delicious breakfast. It is a little more laid back than Buffalo Grille and it has more of a neighborhood feel. Although, the BG on Woodway has a neighborhood feel of business people and ladies who breakfast. Took a book and had a relaxing meal. There is a Kroger next door and Kroger seems to be the only grocery store that carries Dr Pepper Bold in 6 bottle packs. Roy loves it and loves it when I bring home the six pack version. Made my way back toward home. Stopped in at Michael's and then La Centerra. The final stop of the morning was Lotus Nails and had a pedicure. Went with turquoise again and had little flowers painted on my big toes.

Next week is our last session of Bible study. I have really enjoyed our core group with our lively discussions, our bunny trails and laughter. We truly care about one another and encourage one another. There have been several of us that have had difficult circumstances whether it be health related, family related or just everyday life. Almost every week they start sending someone down the hall to herd us into lecture time. There just doesn't seem to be enough time...I love that! I am so thankful for the friends I have made these past three years and look forward to making more friends in the coming years.

After all of Roy's hard work to keep the fence from turning gray, he began tonight working on stripping the sealer off the fence. He took before pictures and when he is done, take after pictures to show the HOA we complied. Yet, how the house with the big swan in front yard, the house across the street with half-finished landscaping and the homes putting out solar lights in the flower beds and walk ways haven't been written up, I don't know.

Roy and I had a late lunch at El Rancho. He went down to the HEB looking for big straws and I went to Palais Royal with a 40% coupon. I usually don't shop too much at PR but as much as I love the trend of colored denim, I don't want to pay big bucks for a trend that will likely last just this summer. Capris are capris. So I got a pair of green capris and headed over to Hobby Lobby to look while Roy was still at the HEB. When I walked in the girl at the door inquired if I had a return. No shopped elsewhere beforehand. She took my bag and held it for me while I shopped. What the heck? Hobby Lobby, dear, sweet, precious, Christian craft store, is that any way to treat customers? Guess there must be a lot of sticky fingered crafters out there. They didn't stop Roy when he came in! To make matters worse, I couldn't find the girl when I wanted to get my bag. Gee... Hobby Lobby get computerized cash registers and quite treating people like we've misbehaved in VBS or something.

Tomorrow Sequisha gets a checkup before heading out on a road trip.

No comments: