Thursday, August 9, 2012

All's Quiet on the Western Plot

Yesterday marks the one year anniversary of moving into our home.  We had actually started before the 8th but we consider the 8th the anniversary date because that is the day the movers came and transported everything out here to our little house on the prairie.  I went back to last year's blog posts and re-read the days leading up to and after the move.  Wow, I forgot a lot of those details and I am so glad that they were recorded on the blog.  It's like the other day when I went on iTunes and looked over the pod casts of our services in 2009 or so.  I totally forgot we had gone through the book of Genesis.  I blame that on concentrating so much in those days on my health and not so much to other things going on around me. 

Last night was the kick off for the new season of The Choir and Orchestra of Houston's First Baptist Church.  It was a blast!  I had forgotten the spirit of love and fellowship of choir and found myself immersed to overflowing in the Lord, the music, John and Jill's leadership and friendship.  This my soul knows very well.  There are a lot of encouragers in choir and I benefited from their words and dare I say it?  Hugs...there I said it.  It has been a near recent development that I have become more huggy and letting people in my space.   In the spring I had made several attempts at returning and circumstances and health interfered.  I soaked in every note, although I can't read music I can tell when the tune goes up or down, chord, whatever that is, words both in songs and those shared by John, catching up with friends and was so wired it took me awhile to settle down once I got home.  I hate to report I ruined all that goodness by watching the DVR of Honey Boo Boo Child.  Words escape me about this program.  I may find words for another post someday. 

We also had a little scare with Buddy last night.  Roy was asleep and I was in the other room being appalled by Honey Boo Boo.  OK, I knew the program was going to be like it was because of how they acted on Toddlers and Tiaras yet still...anyway Buddy comes in the room acting all weird.  Her tongue is hanging out and something is wrong with her mouth.  She wouldn't let me come near her and I chased her into the bedroom which wakes up Roy.  You know from previous posts he is not at his best in a nighttime sudden emergency wake up but last night he came to the rescue and is my hero.  I think he heard the fear in my voice.  He was able to get Buddy and hold her for us to see the problem.  Part one of bravery he held onto Buddy while she was scratching and clawing to get out of his grasp.  Part two of bravery, he didn't have on a shirt so he was taking a direct hit rather claw.  I'm frantically trying to see what's the matter.  Buddy had a piece of pink plastic caught in her bottom teeth.  So it wasn't her tongue hanging out but she was doing a whole lot of licking to add with the kicking.  Even though Buddy resisted I think she knew we were trying to help and didn't bite me as hard as she could have.  Part three of bravery, Roy holds fighting, biting, clawing Buddy and removes the plastic from her teeth.  Cue Bette are the wind beneath my wings.  In time the excitement of the moment died down.  Buddy eventually made her way back to me and laid on my lap.  At midnight it was time to go to bed and Buddy didn't leave my side all night long.  It was a traumatic experience for all of us.  Maybe not Roy, he lost sleep but was able to go right back into dreamland.  How do I know Buddy didn't leave my side last night, no sheep removal or grazing.

No comments: