Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday

It is dark and even with a breeze it is dang hot outside.  Since I have neglected my plants a bit in the past two weeks I decided that tonight I needed to get out there and take care of business.  I was only out there for thirty minutes and sweat is pouring from my brow.  Roy had to go out and finish up the job for me.  The past few days have been rather warm but not compared to the heat of last summer, but I sense that inner urging to decorate in autumnal tones and it is still hotter than a bad girl's dream out there. 

Today was a catch up kind of day for us.  We took care of several minor projects and rested a whole bunch.  Friday night we had an extra rehearsal for choir.  Peggy and I rode together and made a quick stop at Macy's so she could pick up some pre-bought makeup to get the bonus...only Macy's wasn't having a bonus promotion.  I hope she figures out where she bought make up.  Had a blast at choir practice.  We worked hard and had fun.  Afterwards we stopped at Pappy's for dessert with Dana.  It has been a lot of years since I've been to Pappy's after choir practice.  Good times!

Buddy got her mani/pedi this morning.  She is never thrilled about that.  Roy discovered that Fry Road is now open all the way to 1463.  The prairie is getting populated my friends.

This afternoon we met Dena for a late lunch.  Who knew that Chuy's is a happening place with a 25 minute wait at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon?  We opted for Spring Creek.  It was good.  Roy was the only carnivore today and because Dena and I ate veggies we split some banana pudding.  It was so calorie worthy.  Roy and I thought about stopping at Lowe's on the way home to look at bird baths but it was so crowded and so hot, we opted to just come on home.  Great choice because we didn't do anything once we hit the house.  Roy is thrilled that football has started and I watched an Andy Griffith marathon. 

There was a wonderful surprise for me in the mail today.  Two letters from my cousin Becky!  I was thrilled because I love some snail mail letters.  Becky, she reads Monablog, thank you, you made my day. 

This has been a relatively quiet summer.  May was our last really busy month.  The slow pace and the quiet has been so welcomed.  I have been doing a lot of reading.  Well, more than usual for me.  I have spent a lot of time in the Old Testament, taking in truth and loving the stories.  I've started a writing project that I have been toying with on and off now for several years.  I'm not looking for a book contract or a ministry or anything like that.  Just want to get something crossed off my bucket list. 

Ah, the ceiling fan has done its job and I have finally cooled off. 

1 comment:

becky said...

your welcome!!! sorry I was just late on doing them. Love to keep up with you.