Monday, August 13, 2012

That Darn Cat!


How can anything that is this cute cause such problems on a Monday morning?!!  Buddy and I have settled into a nice summer routine.  She usually gets up before me and then when she hears me stirring, she comes to the bedroom for her morning rubbing and petting.  Buddy is like clockwork except that is, this morning.  I got up, moved around, no Buddy.  I came out to see if she was engrossed into ardent bird watching, no.  Checked all her favorite sleeping spots and then checked her favorite hiding places.  No Buddy.  Next move, do the shake the treat bag.  Not a creature stirring.  Then I did the go out the front door and come back in thing.  That usually shakes her world.  No Buddy.  So I called Roy to see if by any chance Buddy had been up when he left at dark thirty.  He said that Buddy was asleep by my side when he left.  I went back outside and called her name.  A neighbor walking her dog probably got the shock of her early morning life seeing me with Albert Einstein hair and my beautiful jammies.  Came back in and threw on some workout clothes that I don't seem to wear for working out and decided to get in the car and drive around the neighborhood.  Pulled the car out...garage door will not close.  This is the first time it has done this on any other morning but Sunday.  Came back into the garage and got the door to go down on the first try, unset the alarm and came into the house just to go back out the front door to continue my search.  I am singing, no Buddy knows the trouble I feel, no Buddy knows but Jesus.  Who was sitting there at the laundry room door?  Buddy.  So glad to see her but need to find her new hiding place. 

1 comment:

marty h said...

I hope that book didn't give her bad ideas!