Thursday, June 20, 2013

All in All

It's a bright sunny morning out here in Rancho De Five.  We were hoping to experience a bit of the rain that fell everywhere else around the greater area yesterday, but alas it was not to be.  Roy's powerful bike light arrived from Amazon yesterday.  He charged it up while we ate dinner and then waited till dusk/dark to try it out.  He hit the water feature trail and arrived home calling the ride with light a success. 

My day was totally fun.  I met Lisa P for lunch at Bistro N in the Nord.  I came just a little early to get some eye primer and I found some necklaces on sale.  Lisa and I hit the Bistro around 11:15 and we left that portion of our visit at 3:00.  Yes, we tipped the waiter extra for tying up his table for so long.  If you've never had the Bistro fries you should go in a avail yourself of their goodness.  We ordered fries as our appetizer.  It has probably been over a year since I've had the white chocolate bread pudding so we shared one and it was good.



I don't even like bread pudding but this one...it's so delicious.  Don't let the bread pudding put you off.   Lisa and I got caught up, laughed, laughed and then we laughed some more in between our serious to semi serious discussions.  Yea, we pretty much opened the place and closed it down before the dinner rush. 

Since Chris was here yesterday instead of going straight home I stopped in Target.  4:00ish isn't a bad time in summer.  Years ago I had bought a set of glasses from Crate and Barrel that I called my Southern glasses.  They seemed very To Kill a Mockingbird-esk.  Through the years the eight became one.  That is until yesterday while looking for a pitcher for ice tea.  There was a box of very close replicas right there in the Target.  Score!  I found the pitcher I was looking for at Home Goods.  I debated on dropping in at Sprouts because I figured Chris was still here at home finishing up and I prefer to come home to just Buddy.   So I went on and stopped at Sprouts to pick up a few things we were out of and when I arrived home, Chris was already gone.  All in all a very good day.

No comments: