Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Weporting

It has been an interesting day out here on the prairie.  After not seeing any vermin yesterday I saw a small one this morning running and leaping the in the flower bed.  He better not have been praising God in all that running and leaping.  My deterrent?  I bang on the door and scare him.  If he would only go eat some poison.  Since I haven't and don't know how to load the BB gun and again I would have to go outside to shoot it, I was just left with the noise making.  I may have made Buddy lose one of her nine lives.  I was making breakfast and she went stealth, no bell noise from her collar and I jumped and screamed.  She jumped and ran away.  So my guard cat went back under the bed.  I haven't a clue where my attack mockingbirds have disappeared to. 

You know you put in hardwood floors so that you don't have the marked trail on carpet.  But, what was one of the first things I did?  Yes, I bought an area rug for the bedroom.  Actually I started out with a runner but when I saw a lovely area rug on sale, deeply discounted, I went to plan B.  The runner is now in the closet. 



You know how the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy?  Well, last night I attended a neighborhood Bible study.  Great mixture of women, young, younger still and then me, old.  Actually, there were several fellow Titus 2 ladies there.  Whew!  We kind of were divided into thirds, those who go to BCF, Houston's First and then other fellowships.  I loved it and the time we shared.  I am so glad I had made the decision when I came in the door of the home Bible study was meeting at, not to hang onto my phone.  So when I got home I had received an unwanted but somewhat expected email and relieved to read it at home and not be distracted by it in Bible study.  Last year this email would have put me over the edge but this year after minimal discussion with Roy, I slept soundly and didn't give any emotional energy to it.  I will give you the name of my therapist if you are encountering unwanted drama because she did a great job to get me to this place.  No joy stolen or destroyed last night. 

I am really looking forward to having lunch with my friend tomorrow.  A third friend from high school might join us as well.  Yesterday, I found these vintage pictures from the long ago of Mimi and me. 


My summer reading is calling out to me, so I must answer the call.  Just started 'While We Were Watching Downtown Abbey by Windy Wax.  Great summer read. 

No comments: