Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Scary Story of the Bloody Toe and Other Typical Junk

There has been some recent news that troubles me greatly.  I don't know why this isn't being covered by the national news but Texas A&M has had two major press releases.  No, not the building collapse.  Note to self, don't hire an Aggie engineer.  I am talking about the Ken doll Yell Leaders of A&;M in the Barbie collection.  Wow!  The second piece of news is the release this fall of an Aggie perfume.  Uh, Gag 'em Aggies!  What do Aggies want to smell like?  Why would I want to smell like an Aggie?  Those Aggies they work on producing maroon bluebonnets and maroon carrots yet they don't look realistically at a real problem they have, parking.  We were on campus several years ago with an ex Aggie....ok, I did that to get y'all, I mean a former student and while my friend and Roy marveled at Kyle stadium and the like, I couldn't help but notice the total lack of parking.  Really, lack of parking is true of just about any college campus. 

The past 48 hours has been rather bloody.  Darn Pradaxa, blood thinner.  On Sunday evening while dead heading roses, I scraped and punctured my arms.  Usually, not a problem but when you have been on blood thinners for over three years...problem.  I left blood splatters on the boards of our raised flower beds.  Sunday night, a stone decorative lamb that is by a table somehow got moved out a couple of inches and my 'this little piggy had none' toe smashed into that sheep.  Being the good Christian girl that I am, I jumped around yelling, oh sheep, oh sheep, oh sheep!  When I really wanted to yell something else.  Once again, good thing we have hardwood floors now in our bedroom because I would have left a bloody trail on the carpet getting to the bathroom.  So it was a quick clean up after I finally stopped the bleeding of the bloody toe. (I'm saying that in a spooky voice)  Last night, sometime in the middle of the night Buddy came to our bed and curled up like she likes to do, on my arm.  After sometime I was really in an uncomfortable position and wanted to shift my arm just a bit.  Each time I attempted to remedy the situation Buddy would dig in a bit with her newly trimmed nails.  Finally, I just had to move and most nights she readjusts and there isn't a problem.  Not last night, she moved to the middle of the bed and silly me, I thought she was waiting for me to get repositioned so she could go back to sleep.  She waited...I closed my eyes...I was almost asleep when she attacked my arm and hand, biting me.  She has a bit of a temper at times.  I yell, but this time not oh sheep.  Actually, I just yelled Buddy.  For once Roy who is never good at those middle of the night wake ups and emergencies, chases Buddy out of the room.    Buddy eventually came back somewhat contrite and slept at the end of the bed.  When Roy was getting ready for the office this morning, Buddy came and slept on my arm a bit.  We've made up.  All is right in the world.  As for Roy, he doesn't even remember chasing Buddy.  Come to think of it maybe Roy was doing his usual wake up in middle of the night thing.  He runs to the front door, I just thought he was chasing Buddy.  Oh well..it worked. 

Yesterday I was looking at summer book releases by favorite authors.  I read some sad news that one of those authors had passed away last year expectantly.  I liked her books but she probably wasn't even in my top ten.  I was so saddened to read of her home going, good news, she was a believer.  I also looked at a couple of blogs that I read every three or four months and again saddened to see that this one particular blogger and her husband are divorcing.  OK, I don't know this blogger at all, I couldn't even pick out her picture for you.  She's positive and looking to stay that way, but it always seemed she wrote in such affectionate terms concerning their relationship.  And no, this isn't a Christian blogger.  Social media now contributes to knowing things about people who we never have met in person.  OK, I had to stop for a bit and of course I don't know what else I was going to write about this...it's gone.  Just wanted you to know I hadn't made a broad brush stroke statement with no follow up on purpose. 

I put a little bit of seed in the bird feeder yesterday afternoon.  It has taken some time but a few of the regulars are back.  One of the mockingbirds that grew up around this feeder was the first to discover.  I know it is him/her because he or she sings in between bites.  It's kind of fun watching them and the doves have returned.  I am getting too emotionally invested in these birds but they keep Buddy occupied with their eating, flying and fighting. 

No comments: