Saturday, June 8, 2013

Feels Like Two Saturdays in a Row

It feels like Saturday all over again.  Roy took a vacation day on Friday.  I am so glad he did because he was here to take care of a problem.  Love life on the prairie except when it gets interrupted by skunks, snakes and a baby rat.  I heard two mockingbirds making a commotion in our backyard yesterday morning and they were keeping a baby rat from coming under the fence from our neighbor's yard.  Good mockingbirds!  Roy was barely awake but he went out to the garage and got a brick and a small broom.  He put the brick up against the fence and came back inside.  If he hadn't been here I would have had to do that and I would have screamed the whole time.  This morning after Bible study he went to Bass Pro Shop at the recommendation of the Katy Hardware store.  He came home with a BB rifle, a target and some pellets.  I love this because neither one of us could be called outdoor type people.  We are more courtyard and patio type people.  The guy at Bass Pro showed him the caliber and power of the correct gun that will kill a rat.  Who knew?  Well, the guy at Bass Pro, but really math involved in vermin control, wow.  I mean really, we can't be shooting a real gun in the neighborhood.  I'm sure the HOA would have something to say about that.  When the mosquito spraying man came yesterday he told us he would be back Monday with a professional poison box to put out in the yard that won't harm anyone other than vermin.  And fortunately I have my electronic defense that I used in my office at church.  We saw a church mouse from time to time but never in my office! 

Roy and I set about taking care of errands and projects that we had neglected.  We got a lot done and took off the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I'm almost finished with my first book of the summer and hopefully I will get it finished tonight. 

I took Dena to the airport this afternoon.  When she flies out of the country I usually take her.  The brick and stone for her house has been delivered.  I will not miss her parking garage one little bit.  On the way home I hit some hard rain and saw several accidents.  The rain here at home was tapering off by the time I returned.  Roy had leftover BBQ for dinner and I had a fresh tomato sandwich on white bread.  Yum!

The Cardiologist is readjusting my meds.  I'm having a couple of nagging symptoms that need to be helped.  Monitor is coming soon.  Right now as I await the coming monitor no long period of time sitting and I'm to stay out of the heat.  I am trying to convince Roy that means a move to North Carolina for me at least through the summer.  He's not buying it. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

remind me to tell you my mouse story when i worked at the church. there were 4...