Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Hoard Notebooks

Hi, my name is Nancy and I am a notebook hoarder more specifically the Mead Decorative Fashion Notebook at Target hoarder.  It is 80 pages of narrow ruled paper of a higher quality paper.  The notebook is a hardback black wire bound notebook and they aren't manufactured anymore.  Thus, it is my desire to procure and obtain everyone that I can find.  Weekly, I check Target.com to see if a few more have been found and delivered to the store.  Just this week I cleaned out the Memorial City, Eldridge and San Felipe Target.  Dena found three in Baytown and today I asked CourtneyS if I sent her a picture of this treasured notebook, the next time she is at her Target, would she check it out.  Her Target is showing that they are available.  Roy asked me today when is this madness going to stop?  I have concluded soon...but the hunt really has been a lot of fun.  And yes, I am using the notebooks for journaling and one for quotes I find. 

Not only am I a Mead Decorative Fashion Notebook hoarder, I am a journal collector.  It is a sickness!  Today at Home Goods I made my usual stroll down stationery lane.  There were two pushy ladies who were not being very kind to other shoppers.  They ran into one woman, moved carts and wouldn't move theirs to let anyone get by.  Now, this isn't very nice, but one lady had picked up a journal and then put it down, so I picked it up and when she asked the other lady where that journal had gone, bang...it went straight into my cart.  She gave me a stare like she was willing me to give her that journal but not very Christ like Nancy, walked away singing I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart...where?   I hope she saw that same journal on the end cap. 

Yesterday, after my dentist appointment, I went to the Eldridge Target you know...why.  Anyway, it was so cold!  I had worn my rain gear since rain was predicted.  My feet all warm in my faux fur lined waterproof UGS and my red rain jacket but the red rain jacket did not keep me warm.  I am all for cold weather and love an overcast day, but yesterday seemed much colder than any other day this winter.  I wouldn't even take something out to the casita bedroom because it was too cold to walk across the courtyard. 

I'm excited for tomorrow's Bible study.  We are looking at Laban, Jacob, Rachel and Leah.  It is interesting to look at all the family dynamics that are going on.  Deceiving seems to be in the DNA.  But, there is that honor that comes to Leah even though she was not the loved one.  Her sons are Judah and Levi. 

Today I picked up cookies from Memorial City Bakery for brunch tomorrow.  I also picked up a few extra cookies and decided to take some to my friend CourtneyS.  It has been quite some time since I have last been in the ministries suite or even in my old office.  CourtneyS is there now doing a fabulous job.  I don't know hardly any of the people in the Ministries Suite anymore.  You know sometimes when you revisit a place where you spent a lot of time and had a lot of fun, you might wonder if you'd made a mistake and become "office sick."  That did not happen today.  Sitting there remembering Wednesday nights and MidLink and all the details that go along with it...no, didn't make me office sick.  Now, I do believe that being in that suite with so many people who had so many sick kiddos is what brought on my viral myocardia.  Flu twice in one year...strep throat germs everywhere and with my weakened immune system, I was just a weak vessel awaiting attack.  I do have very fond memories of some very good times and how I grew spiritually in that job.  God used that job to show me that I was good at other things besides sports.  And He used that job to show me that it is better for me and those around me not to be good at Excel.  Thank God for a hubby who loves him some Excel.  Many of my friends still work at the church.  Others have gone to other jobs or ministries.  Still others are stay at home moms now which is a high calling.  There are a few who I worked with that have become oblivious in the dust of hard fought territorial times that I wanted nothing to do with.  They walked away from their jobs on their own.   That is the sad side of ministry, those strong personalities who intimidate and want to control everything or micromanage issues to death. 

Guess I had better put up my latest acquisitions of Mead Decorative Fashion Notebooks.  Closet shelf still strong enough to hold them. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

You are so bad...notebook stealer...

those cookies are yummy! thanks!