Monday, February 17, 2014

Persevere...No Really...In the Midst of It All

Just another day of intense dental work but I am thrilled that so much is being caught in the nick of time and that I am going to a great dentist who truly cares about her patients and does yeoman or should that be yeowoman work.  There was more damage than expected and we are praying that I won't need a root canal in the recent future.  There were also a couple of other things she took care of while she was there in the midst.  Tonight, I have had minimum pain, mainly from the work under the gum line and not the tooth.  That is a good sign and I am asking the Lord for healing and mercy.  I felt like I had a fat left lip for the greater part of the afternoon, but the Novocain began wearing off and I felt normal. 

Roy had today off and while I was in the dentist chair, he was taking Buddy for her mani/pedi, went to the bank and then Kroger's.  When I got home we decided on lunch at Luby's and I ordered all soft foods.  Then I came home and slept for over two hours. 

This morning while I was brushing my teeth, some of my best ideas and thoughts come while I brush, I thought again of the music from Church of the Redeemer and the fatigue I experienced on Friday after hearing and then processing some news.  In the way back, in a particularly challenging season, the music and worship at Redeemer ministered deeply into the core of my hurt.  I could put that record on the record player and listen...and miraculously, my attitude, my hope, and my strength was retooled to not just cope but have great joy in life.  I didn't notice until this morning during my morning grooming that the Lord once again had done that for me, quite unexpectantly, as we celebrated a young life gone too soon and from that grief, came the healing words and music on a much smaller basis but equally powerful in the Lord's hand.  Ironically, we went to Redeemer Community Church yesterday out here in the Rancho De Five and the pastor spoke words of healing that I didn't know I would need until today. 

For almost two years, I have had a loved one at odds with me.  Now that is nothing new, families do that from time to time, but this loved one is at odds with me over nothing that ever happened.  They legally severed relationship with us and we have not seen or talked to them since.  We have not even been in their neighborhood or driven down their street.  You would think in a two year period of time someone would come to their senses but instead the paranoia and delusion has multiplied.  This person has done something inexcusable.  They have done something totally insane.  They have gone too far.  The constant of this is, at least they are consistent. 

Many times I write to understand situations or thoughts and I did that on Friday.  I won't bore you with what I wrote except the last paragraph sums it up.


I did experience the life draining fatigue that has all but become a distant memory today because it can’t be helped for emotions to become involved.  Sadly, the news of this person’s situation is not any different from the long ago, only now, they don’t have anyone to blame for the predicament they find themselves in and surely it would never occur to them for any inspection of themselves.  They remain in the cesspool of conspiracy and their adroit ability to outsmart anyone in the room.  Only now they are the only occupant. 
I find myself once again looking at my word for this year and I think it is a pretty good choice.
per·se·vere
continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no prospect of success.
synonyms: persist, continue, carry on, go on, keep on, keep going, struggle on, hammer away, be persistent, be determined, see/follow something through, keep at it, press on/ahead, not take no for an answer, be tenacious, stand one's ground, stand fast/firm, hold on, go the distance, stay the course, plod on, stop at nothing, leave no stone unturned;on, hang on, plug away, stick to one's guns, stick it out, hang in there
 
I don't know, but it might be difficult discussing Bible study homework tomorrow because we are in Genesis 31 with good old Laban and Jacob.  I can so identify and understand the homework this week. 

No comments: