Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sa-far-i-way, Doesn't Anybody Stay in Once Place Anymore

Hmm...I am feeling a little more rested after a refreshing Sunday afternoon nap.  And it's not like I didn't go to bed earlier last night and wake up having a full nine hours sleep.  Ah, it is all this fresh air, hill climbing and stair stepping.

It was an exciting Sunday morning.  I love my Sunday School class and I look forward to seeing everyone.  Some of those who have been out with health issues were back in class this morning and although I don't know them, I feel like I do because we have been praying for them.  The choir number was an especially fun and deeply meaningful song and we and the congregation were before the throne singing Lord, You're Holy!  Hearing about the trip to Brooklyn Tab from Pastor Jeff and his sermon on the narrow and wide gate....well, it was a very good morning at Newfound Baptist Church.  I love prayer time during the service as we voice our prayers and thanksgiving out loud or sometimes in the quietness of our hearts.

Yesterday, I enjoyed the Weaverville Art Safari.  I went to two studios and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with them and I brought home some of their handiwork.  Seeing their studios and the two I picked were up in the mountains or thick in the middle of the forest was a delight to the senses.  I didn't even think to take a couple of pictures of the scenery.  Learned a few new roads too.  The day started with breakfast at Turkey Creek Cafe, so that means it was a good start to the day.  Then there were trips to The Fresh Market and the Outdoor Bird store.  I think I have found a birdbath and it attaches to the railing on a deck.  It is easier to keep clean.  Birds are a very messy bunch, beautiful but messy.  About the time I was going to text Vivian to see what she was doing, she texted me to ask the same.  She came over later in the afternoon and we enjoyed sitting on the front porch sipping blood orange juice.  If you ever see a bottle of it in the store, get some.  You won't go wrong.  Supper was served out on the back deck, the chef salad was particularly good as the ice tea.  My dining companions in the back are birds and bunnies while dining companions on the front porch are birds and cows.  Variety is the spice of life.

Meanwhile in Katy, the pilot light on the water heater went out, so a cold shower is not what Roy had in mind before going to Bible study.  The A/C people came at 11:00 to replace the evaporation coil and thankfully, it was still under warranty, so we only had to pay labor.  That was costly but not as much as buying a new coil and bonus, they were able to relight the pilot light, so Roy was able to cancel the plumber.  We admit it, we are not handy dandy and have to outsource a lot of things.  It's good for the economy is our way of thinking.  I reminded Roy his life is way more important to me than a Saturday extra charge by a plumber.

Nothing clears out a bird feeder like a woodpecker.  Just thought y'all might like to know that little bit of trivia.  Also, since all my books are rearranged differently than they were in Rancho De Five, I can't find a particular book that I saved to read once I got here.  It's around here somewhere and it will be a great surprise when I stumble upon it.  Here is another bit of trivia, if you are in NC and someone offers you strawberry cobbler, say yes please.  I discovered this goody last year about this time and had some today at Turkey Creek.

After putting together several tables and moving them upstairs I am garnering the strength to carry a bench that I bought this afternoon at the little store across from Turkey Creek.  It will be perfect at the end of our bed.  Even the cushion they had on it came with it and it was all a really good price.  I love that store.

It has come to that time in the week where I gather up the trash and take it down to the road and it literally is down the driveway, then back up.  The last two weeks it was rainy, so I just put the trash in a big bag but since the weather is so nice today, I'm rolling, rolling on the driveway the trash container.  Which means tomorrow I will be push it, push it real good up the driveway.  Can't believe I referenced that song when I am so tired of that commercial.

As always, thanks for reading.  


No comments: